Parents Supplements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes. My son takes magnesium every night (Helps with sleep and with migraines and other aches). He takes fish oil in the morning for his current injury.

My kids both take a multivitamin and melatonin. My daughter's endocrinologist suggested melatonin because apparently sleep issues (which she has) are common with her thyroid problem.

Multi here, mainly for the Vitamin D which was recommended by the pediatrician. Particularly bc our kids spend so much time in the gym!

Multi here, mainly for the Vitamin D which was recommended by the pediatrician. Particularly bc our kids spend so much time in the gym!
My ped said the same injury told her I do d3 k12 and she said that was ok

Just a seasonal multivitamin. No extra vitamin D here - both kiddos drink a TON of milk!

We are definitely believers in supplements around here. Both kiddos take a multivitamin, plus an extra Vitamin C during cold/flu season. I'm especially vigilant about this with dd since she has asthma and her immune system is compromised.

DS takes a relax-a-saurus chewable every day (L theanine, helps with ADHD.) DD also takes a relax-a-saurus on meet days, or days she has a big test or something like that, she gets a lot of anxiety over things like that and it helps keep her calm.

If dd is fighting an injury of any kind, I also give her a supplement that has fish oil and seleninum and apply Traumeel cream to the affected area.

Multi-vitamins, D3 (year round - started with a year of broken bones and keeping it going), just added Magnesium.

the synopsis of current research is that children with a first world diet do not need supplements ( assuming no underlying medical conditions), with the exception of vitamin D in the winter time, or all year round in northern latitudes for those with dark skin pigmentation.

the synopsis of current research is that children with a first world diet do not need supplements ( assuming no underlying medical conditions), with the exception of vitamin D in the winter time, or all year round in northern latitudes for those with dark skin pigmentation.
Thx actually my daughter has dark pigmentation...can you share link to research

A calcium mini which has some magnesium and D3, plus an additional D3, and a Vitamin C. She should also get a multi, but I'm currently out. The D3 was to address a deficiency (and she is out in the sun a lot despite the gym hours - but all the women in my family run low on D). The calcium is mostly because she is mildly lactose intolerant, so avoids most traditional sources of calcium, and was breaking quite a bit. The low vitamin D was the first step in bone density testing, that we are still working on - calcium is just an insurance policy of sorts...

A calcium mini which has some magnesium and D3, plus an additional D3, and a Vitamin C. She should also get a multi, but I'm currently out. The D3 was to address a deficiency (and she is out in the sun a lot despite the gym hours - but all the women in my family run low on D). The calcium is mostly because she is mildly lactose intolerant, so avoids most traditional sources of calcium, and was breaking quite a bit. The low vitamin D was the first step in bone density testing, that we are still working on - calcium is just an insurance policy of sorts...
Awesome just bought caltrate that has all three.

Mine gets a multivitamin and a probiotic as she's prone to tummy aches. I'm not convinced she needs the multi but I figure it can't hurt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back