Support please.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I need some support. I have been going to my gym for about five years, my mom also works there and is one of my coaches. I FINALLY got to Competitive Team this year. I have work so hard to get there and I love every acspest about it. Well, this friday my mom says she is taking me out of my gym to a gym I REALLY do not like, b/c of the mangement!!!!:mad::eek: A real shock to me!!! So I said I would rather quit gymnastics than to go there, but she said I could not quit!!! I don't even want her to be my coach anymore! So i am just depressed and angry. PLease give some advice!

I don't know how old you are but I would guess your mom made this decision after much thought and research. I have had to move my daughter twice from gyms (both times because her skills outgrew the facility) and , in the long run, it has definitely been the absolute right move. My daughter was at her secod gym for 4-5 years and did well but I could sense that , again , a change was needed. She was reluctant to move both times but was able to see that these were the right moves. Give the new gym a chance. You'll make new friends and you can still keep up with your old ones. There's nothing worse than spending money for your child to be coached and you see it just isn't happening and the gym generally thinks that they are coaching them.

I am sorry that this is happening and that you are upset about the change. I would have to agree with the other poster. Give the new gym a chance. I think you can hear things about other gyms that are not necessarily true, which you may find is the case when you get there.

Give it a chance, it may work out for the best.

I would also have to say to give the new gym a chance. I'm sure your mom thought long and hard about the best thing to do. I just changed my DD's gym last week so I know where you're both coming from. DD was nervous about the change but excited, too. She was sad to leave her old team mates but she's really happy at the new gym and says the girls here are WAY nicer than at the old gym. So even though she was nervous (and, admittedly, I was too) things have turned out good. The same could work out for you, too

Definitely give the new gym a try. Your mom probably knows something you don't. If you still love gym, I'm sure you will like your new gym. I know sudden changes aren't always easy, but soon enough you'll feel like you have been at your new gym forever!

I am sorry that you have to move:(. I know it is hard to change gyms and deal with new kids and coaches. My dd had to change gyms twice. Once, I moved her due to coaches/management issues, but I think she deep inside also knew that something had to change. That move turned out to be the best thing and she ended up in a wonderful gym where we were instantly welcomed in and felt like family. She loved it, and that is where her gymnastics really started to blossom:)! The second time we had no choice, we were bought out. Try to be positive and give it a chance, you may be surprised;)!

Hey gymgrl111 -

just wanted to see how you are doing ? have you started at the new gym yet? I hope that you are well and that your transition is going better than you had hoped. I know it is hard to leave somewhere you have been for so long. I hope the change has been better than you thought it would be.

Let us know how you are doing.

Did This come out of the blue or something you and your mom have been considering? Maybe you can discuss your feelings with her and come to a compromise. Like letting you finish your season. If shes dead set for this move it would be best to give it your all you may be surprised. I do agree with you however that switching gyms is not easy,nor is it always the best and happiest solution for the gymnast.

Last edited:
I have not Started my new gym yet, I will start at the end of the month. The day i posted this i was very hurt and angry, but i am ok now.{ thank for the support u guys!!!!} I have taken into consideration what ya'll have said, and maybe it is for the best! Some of my teamates are even considering joining me!!! That I was very excited to hear!!!! Thanks for all the support, and I will keep you all updated!

{ Gymmomntc... I am a prep optional so i don't think i will see you at meets but you never know!!}

I have not Started my new gym yet, I will start at the end of the month. The day i posted this i was very hurt and angry, but i am ok now.{ thank for the support u guys!!!!} I have taken into consideration what ya'll have said, and maybe it is for the best! Some of my teamates are even considering joining me!!! That I was very excited to hear!!!! Thanks for all the support, and I will keep you all updated!

{ Gymmomntc... I am a prep optional so i don't think i will see you at meets but you never know!!}

DD will be competing Rookie 1. I think she will still be ready in time (she is now in a cast - fracture in growth plate :( ). If it looks like our paths will cross let me know - we would love to say 'hello'

DD will be competing Rookie 1. I think she will still be ready in time (she is now in a cast - fracture in growth plate :( ). If it looks like our paths will cross let me know - we would love to say 'hello'

Sorry to confuse but prep optional is Rookie 1. Maybe I will see you there:D.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back