Parents Surge in Skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom67

Proud Parent
Judge
It's so much fun when my DD suddenly has a surge of skills she learns or improves on. This sport is so repetitive, day in and day out, and the progress (at least for mine) is more slow and steady most of the time. But just this week, something seems to be lighting a fire under her. She is currently Level 3. At her gym, they are allowed to order their grips after they have completed 25 good kips. It's kind of a rite of passage. She brought home the sheet yesterday for me to order them. I knew she had her kip, but I honestly didn't realize she had done so many of them. Then, she has been doing a beautiful back walkover on the low beam. She had done them very tentatively before, but is pretty solid with it now, with almost completely straight legs. She is already choreographing how she's going to use it someday, even though that will be quite a ways off! LOL

Ah, getting grips for the first time is exciting. Congrats to your daughter.

Getting that first pair of grips is one of the best memories. I remember my DD thinking it was soooo cool to be like all the big kids! Congratulations!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back