Parents Survived first meet w/little gymmie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well, she survived. And so did I.
Little gymmie had her first "meet" (L2 in-house) on Friday night. We knew there were going to be a few issues, as she doesn't have her skills on bars...but I have to say, all in all, it was pretty good. I was terrified that she was going to be scared to go out there and compete...but let me tell you...She did her BEST floor routine EVER...fixed her backward roll and did a GREAT handstand:D and made it over on her vault without flopping into a forward roll. She had a lot of trouble w/ beam (fell on forward roll and forgot the 2nd half so she just walked and jumped off:rolleyes:). And she ALMOST got the pullover on the bar at the meet. I mean she was like a millimeter away from getting that booty over the bar!:p
Scores were not great but that is ok...we will take as much time as she needs because she LOVED competing. She LOVED it and she LOVED getting a medal and ribbons! She didn't care at all what place they were. I know she will at some point, but for now we are so very proud of her for getting out there.

Here are her scores, I can't wait to hopefully look back on this someday and see the improvement...
vault 8.0
bars 6.0
beam 6.15
floor 8.7:D

Thanks for reading...I am so glad this first meet is behind her and now that I know she liked it, we are going to keep on keepin' on and see if she can't catch up with some of these skills before the next meet!

Aw those first meet memories are priceless, we still go back and watch them now and again, so cute. I am glad it was a good experience for both of you.

Congrats to her! Glad it went so well. I am sure she will do better at each meet and have more and more fun! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back