WAG SV Level 6/7 for vault table height < 115cm?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Anyone know what the SV would be if a kiddo vaulted on a table lower than the required minimum? At our last meet I heard many parents commenting that their gyms may try to do this for states for the Yurchenko vaults for some of the teeny Level 6s to at least get them into the mid-8's if possible. I have one of those teeny L6 kids, but I don't think her gym is considering it. Just curious. Thanks! (sort of a double post from Optionals 6/7 group)

Technically, the gymnast would still have a 10.0 start value, but with a 0.3 neutral deduction off the judges’ average score. There should be no problem with the table going that low. I’ve never seen a vault table at a meet that didn’t go down to 100 cm, and pretty much all the new ones go down to 95 cm. It’s an interesting strategy, and one that I have not seen anyone actually try.

My kid's last practice before states is tonight, so I clearly don't think it's an option for her, but man, how I wish it was! I would think a lower table height would be a tremendous help to her form. She was a consistent 9.2-9.5 FHS vaulter on a 115cm table height but the Yurchenko timer has her number! She's so small that I wonder if the shorter run strips some of her power away. She only weighs 52 lbs soaking wet! But, I'm sure that this will be better in the long run...

I’ve never seen a vault table at a meet that didn’t go down to 100 cm, and pretty much all the new ones go down to 95 cm.
I was coaching at another location of our gym and the vaulting table would not go lower than 115. It was really odd. Wanted to introduce the preteam to the vaulting horse, that did not happen because of that height

I don’t t
My kid's last practice before states is tonight, so I clearly don't think it's an option for her, but man, how I wish it was! I would think a lower table height would be a tremendous help to her form. She was a consistent 9.2-9.5 FHS vaulter on a 115cm table height but the Yurchenko timer has her number! She's so small that I wonder if the shorter run strips some of her power away. She only weighs 52 lbs soaking wet! But, I'm sure that this will be better in the long run...
I don’t think it’s stripped her power, she is just having to learn to control and utilize her power differently, hence the timer...she will get it! And it definitely will be better in the long run.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back