Parents Svetlana Boginskaya Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom67

Proud Parent
Judge
Has anyone sent their DD to a Svetlana Boginskaya Camp? She has one in our city, and compared to other ones I have seen, it's pretty affordable. We already have her registered for a non-gymnastics camp for this summer, but I thought I would ask if anyone has any experience with this one. My daughter is only 10, but has done a lot of reading about the gymnastics greats, so she knows who she is. That part would be exciting for her.

I know people that have been and enjoyed it. In fact, all of them return every year. I don't know anything about the quality of it, but if it keeps getting return visits, they're doing something people like.

Is that the OGC camp? If so, my daughter is going this year. She's never been before but nearly every girl in her practice group is going too and the ones who have been before highly recommend it.

Svetlana or freedom

Svetlana or fame and fortune

Svetlana or all the tea in china

Svetlana or life

Just kidding folks. It's not that tough a choice, but I couldn't resist making it seem a close race between one of this sport's best ever athletes and class acts, and all things I hold dear. Svetlana trumps all of them any day.

Glad to hear iwanacoach has a high opinion of her. She is the women's olympian the week that my kids will be at Flip Fest. :)

Wanted to come back and update - I just picked my kids up today and my girls are in love with Svetlana Boginskaya. They adore her. I briefly met her when I took a picture with her and my kids and she seemed so nice. :)

I have been considering letting my DD go to this camp this year as they have one here is St Louis. The price is reasonable and hearing how everyone just loves Svetlana I am "almost" sold!

today I was talking to the hc and he said that the girls had mentioned getting to work with her. He said that he knew her when they were both back in Belorussia. He mentioned her camp that is in our area (it was the week before we went to Flip Fest) and said that it is a great camp if we should want to consider it in the future.

If she does it the same week next year that she did this year, we will be out of town, so will miss it. I'm really hoping it isn't the same week, I know the girls would love to go!

LOL iwannacoach, if someone can send you and make you into a 15 year old gymnast at the same time I'm sure you'd write home every day :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back