Sweatpants Syndrom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love sweatpants! They are so comfy! I have a pair from Hollister that are the most comfortable pants I have ever owned- I actually wear them as pjs :).

The trick with enjoying sweatpants is to wear other pants as well. I wear jeans most days to school, and sweats occasionally. Make sure to buy comfortable jeans- it will help to resist the sweatpants urge. I find that Abercrombie jeans fit well and are quite soft- I love wearing them! There are lots of different style sweatpants as well; some are baggy and look quite sloppy, I wear those at home, while some are more fitted. I know that Soffe sells "football capri sweats" (or something like that), and they are more fitted, but just as soft and comfortable.

As someone mentioned before, sweatpants are okay as long as you wear a more fitted top. I suggest that you don't go all out on sweats and a big, baggy sweatshirt. Fitted tees and tanks look much better. You may also want to tuck the sweats into boots in the winter, or roll them up with sandals or sneakers in the other seasons.

It is perfectly fine to enjoy sweatpants- I know I do! The trick is to mix things up with jeans, shorts, and skirts- variety is important! Just try to keep a balanced pants diet :)

haha. that is so funny. when i was in 4th grade, i got 2 pairs of pink and 2 pairs of purple fleece sweats, and i wore them EVERY DAY. I drove my mom nuts. Then when i went to middle school my mom outlawed them, and i had to start wearing jeans at least 3 days a week. I was mad, but the main problem was finding jeans that weren't too big in the waist, but they had to be big enough to fit over my cow calves and thunder thighs (and platypus feet! sorry inside joke) But i eventually found some, and jeans weren't that bad after all, but i did go through a stage. I wear jeans every day to school now, except some fridays, and then it just depends on what i'm doing on the weekends. Like oohannah19oo said, it is important to find comfortable jeans. And trust me, its not easy! (i tried on every pair of jeans in the mall yesterday and only found 2 that fit Grr!) Its just a stage. She will probably get over it. :)

Curvy jeans are the answer to my body type. The hip and thigh areas are proportioned larger than the waist... incredible. The Gap ones are pretty good, and I just recently fell in love with a pair of curvy boot-cut jeans in petite from Ann Taylor Loft.

I still wear sweatpants a lot and i'm 18-however i think this is due to the fact that I had to wear a skirt to school every day from reception onwards to year 13 (about 14 years!) But I am a university student so it's basically the uni students uniform, and they're comfy but a nice cut as well. (Jack Wills) Either that or skinny jeans-i'm not back into full on gymnast fitness yet so I can still wear my skinnies!

My dd lives in sweatpants! Not the plain school regulation sweats but the stylish fitted ones with flared legs or the cute capri style from Hollister or Am Eagle. At home though it's pj pants all the time! She can't wait to get out of her jeans, into a leo and sweat pants.

AHHH...I have this syndrome myself! :D I coach about 17 classes a week at the gym so I basically live in sweats & soffe shorts. Occasionally on the weekends I wear jeans or a dress & then I feel so uncomfortable & end up changing!

Only two pairs of jeans? I think I'm up to 14 pairs now. It helps having a younger sister taller than me who hands them down. I'm completely addicted. :)

hahahaha the sad thing is I'm the oldest sister in my family and my mom doesn't let me where sweat pants so I have 16 pairs of jeans and 10 pairs of dress pants :eek: Thankfully dad has a good job to pay for my and my moms shopping addiction :)

I love sweat pants too!!!!!! They are soooooo comfy. Recently I got some adidas sweats from sports authority that are amazing!!! They aren't like the roll up kind but the ones people wear for like soccer warm ups.

I have sooo much trouble finding pants,because I habe such long legs. like my waist is a size 12 in kids but my legs fit into size 16 jeans. Soo like all my pants are the ones with the adjustable waist!lol. Also my grandparents bought be an abercrombie kids large jacket for christmas and it didn't fit!!!! It was soooo small. We returned it and decided to get one from hollister. We tried on an x-small a small and then the meduim was the one that fit! We were both sooo suprised.

Also whoever posted about gymnasts being able to move in there cloths couldnt describe me better.I can not stand skinny jeans because i can not move in them they have to be loose skinny or straight. Also the one thing I can not stand is t-shirts. The sleeves get me everytime. I can't do it. I always wear tank tops even in winter. I can not stand the felling of sleeves it always makes me feel self concios about sweat stains!!!!!!!! I don't know why I can not wear them its soooo funny though. But my dad always yells at my when I go to school in the winter witha tank top on!!!!

This thread is soooo funny hearing about everone and there dds clothes fetishes!

I definitely have the syndrome! Whenever I'm home I wear my big baggy sweatpants (which I own several of:rolleyes:) And in the winter, it's the worst feeling ever having to put jeans or fitted pants on :p! But I do! I've never worn sweatpants to school in my entire life! But as soon as I get home the sweats come back on :) Maybe I'll get over it someday...

This is so my oldest daughter. She would LIVE in the them if we let her. She loves sweats and sports shorts from Justice. I have bought her some jeans from Abercrombie kids. They fit well and the super skinny jeans from Justice in a size slim fit well too. But she LOVES her sweats. I call her Sporty Spice. :)

When I'm not at work, I live in sweat pants - every night after work and all weekend!

For me its sweats all the time at home and to the gym, and i agree with the idea of clothing line for gymnasts!
I can't buy long sleeve shirts that fit because the arms are to tight, i have to go a size up but then its to big in the other part and the sleeves are too long.
And i can't buy jean capris' that roll up because i can't roll it, my calf muscles get in the way.
American Eagle, Hollister, Ambercomibe, etc. = for people with no muscle definition.

I'm thirteen, and in the waist I am a child size 10, but my legs are too long for 10 or 12 slim, so I wear a 12 regular with a belt )which are going to be too short soon- eek! I'm only 4'9 though.). I love sweatpants, and mine are always quite nice, except when I was in a big super-tomboy phase last year. Usually I can wear XXS/XXS/XS juniors and sometimes ladies sweaters and shirts, but not jeans. Gap, Old Navy and even Wal-Mart usually have nice jeans/sweatpants for a good price. Right now I'm loving tanktops and cropped sweatpants or that hoody and bermudas combo :) You can always dress up a nice pair of sweats with some cool flats, check out Macy's or Target or Wal-Mart.

It is funny seeing this post after it was started about 2 years ago.
Not so much sweatpants anymore here.We have a new favorite. It's the Spandex shorts syndrome.

I totally relate to this and I thought that my daughter was a little strange. I guess it might be a typical gymnast thing? My 12 year old DD has tons of stylish jeans that she has passed down to my younger 10 year old gymnast and I have had to get rid of them. All my younger DD will wear is stretchy things. She is always doing handstands, splits, jumping on the trampoline etc. . So, I guess the jeans are not easy enough to do that in? She will only wear a dress when forced to. In fact she wears her leotard for hours after practice and even falls asleep in it. I figure it is less laundry for me to do so I don't complain. I am not sure how wearing a leotard to bed is comfortable though. :confused:

My DDs are the same, they don't wear jeans! Older DD lives in shorts most of the time, younger DD likes to wear tights with a miniskirt on top.

I have sweatpants syndrome from about October to March and Nike running shorts syndrome the rest of the year. I have the standard gymnast skinny waist and "athletic" thighs, butt, and calves, plus the added challenge of having freakishly short legs, to the point that even "short" pants are 3" too long.

Figuring out this fashion stuff has been one of the most difficult parts about growing up. Coaching over the summer delayed the process of buying grown-up clothes, but I really need a fashionista friend to prevent me from making poor choices! :)

i have a leotard syndrome, i love to wear them so much, i wear them all the time, even when i am not in the gym
anyone else?

I replaced my love of workout-ish pants with a jeans addiction, but now I have to own up to the new one. Sports bra addiction. I actually am disappointed when I realize I can't wear one with a certain shirt, it's sad. I come home, and change right back into one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back