Sweatpants Syndrom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In fact she wears her leotard for hours after practice and even falls asleep in it. I figure it is less laundry for me to do so I don't complain. I am not sure how wearing a leotard to bed is comfortable though. :confused:

I did that all the time when I was her age. She'll grow out of it, especially when she grows a little and the leos get a little tighter and start leaving big red marks at the elastic.

My oldest DD is the same way. She hates jeans. I honestly think it's because she can't spontaneously flip as easily while wearing them. (She tends to do random cartwheels, walkovers, and splits.)

She actually found some pants called "jeggings" at Target while we were school shopping. They look like jeans but are stretchy and non-restrictive. And since she's pretty skinny, they don't look too bad. I could never wear them, that's for sure!

I have to admit, for me it is big cotton T-shirts. Combine the Texas heat (and trying not to use AC all the time) with living alone and you get me in shorts, big cotton T and no shoes.

The no shoes rules actually applies to anytime I am not walking in a public place. I take them off while driving, sitting at any desk or table, on planes (while in my seat), even while sitting in church. I just cannot keep them on my feet. Sadly this is an incurable syndrome, it started when I was a toddler and shows no sign of stopping.

I love this thread! My dd is 11 and still wears a size 7. Jeans are almost impossible to buy for her, because she is short, has a super small waist, and big thigh muscles. We just can't find any that fit her right. I don't see us getting out of sweat pants syndrome any time soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back