Sweatpants Syndrom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Looks like my daughter has developed something that could be called sweatpants syndrom.The only pants she wants to wear anymore are sweatpants.I know she wants to be comfortable especially now since she gets homeschooled but she will also wear them anywhere else.Is this common under gymnasts?

My daughters are very girly and will only be caught wearing sweatpants to the gym or to bed. I think that it is just your daughter likes to wear them and feel comfy. I think it's pretty common, I have the Sweat Pants Syndrome too!:p

I know you're all going to be amazed at my uber controlling parenting, but.... I refuse to buy sweatpants, no matter how in they are, I just hate the way they look. I will buy stretch workout pants, but they cannot wear them to school.

Must be my British roots coming out, we wore a uniform to school.

Though with the whole home schooling thing, I could see us wearing pj's the whole day, probably why we don't home school.

Nobody in my house owns a single pair of sweatpants.

Trust me, you're going to go through alot more syndromes. My sister had sweat pant syndrome for a while and then it was swimsuit syndrome, now it's ballet leotard syndrome, my brother has hat syndrome, and I have wrist headband syndrome (I wear a headband around my wrist). I love sweatpants though, they're so comfy. I also have athletic shorts syndrome. I wear athletic shorts everyday as long as we are at home! :D

This is common for like, everyone I know. Athletes do it a lot because it's easier than changing but that wasn't really true for everyone in high school or lower grades so I don't remember it then.

Although right now it's too warm for sweatpants, but I wear soffes maybe about 90% of the time. I wore jeans the other day and regretted it, changed into soffes in the afternoon. Luckily I don't work in an office.

Sweatpants rolled low with the edges hanging over the feet and kind of a "slouchy" look have gotten a little popular over the last few years, with all the sweatpants from brands like Pink and Juicy. The trend is kind of coasting now but I'd say like all trends now is when the younger ones are starting to pick up on it and it's probably going to live out its life cycle there.

I have 2 teenage daughters and believe it or not the older one who is not a gymnast is the sweat pants person at our house. i am a total jeans mom so I think its nuts but, lots of High School and Middle school girls wear sweatpants and everywhere. I guess this too shall pass I am only glad this is as bad as thing get at our house for know that is. Hey by the way anyone out there want to design jeans for gymnasts that would be great. I am thinking small waists and more thigh room various lengths. I am sure there are other girl athletes who would appreciate these also.:p

My dd went through that phase last year. She had some really cute ones though from Aeropastle and stuff. This year she has to wear a uniform for middle school - not being able to wear sweats almost did her in. But then we found really comfy uniform pants that have some stretch to them and that was acceptable - otherwise getting her dressed for school could have been quite the battle. I actually liked them because she is tall and skinny and finding regular jeans and pants was always really hard. Now she can wear adult sizes so it makes it a little easier (she's a 00 - don't we all wish we were :D) I think these gymmies just need clothes they can spontaneously flip in.

I am only glad this is as bad as thing get at our house for know that is.

That's true, as far as trends go it might be a little sloppy, but at least it's fairly modest.

Unless you're a guy who makes no effort to keep them anywhere in the hip region.

I just hate when people seriously roll one leg up, you're not a "G"...I mean, let's be honest.

In our house it's not dd, but ds who has sweatpant syndrome. He actually kind of has a uniform. :D. Dd was the one who noted pretty much all he wears is blue sweatpants and grey sweat shirts. I did get him to branch out a bit when we went back to school shopping--we bought a green pair of sweatpants. It took some convincing, but he does wear them now.

I have work-out pants syndrome - so comfy and when I work from home then go to the gym to coach later, I don't like to change. so, it is work out pants and our gym tee shirt 3 days a week !!

Looks like my daughter has developed something that could be called sweatpants syndrom.The only pants she wants to wear anymore are sweatpants.I know she wants to be comfortable especially now since she gets homeschooled but she will also wear them anywhere else.Is this common under gymnasts?
I thought my DD was the only one!!!!LOL!!! Yes, we are finally emerging from the "SPS" years! For the past 2 years DD would only wear navy blue, Hanes, sweat pants from Target!!! These were not the stylish type by any means...just plain old sweat pants!!! But they had to be the Hanes from Target b/c any others had too big of a waist. When starting 8th grade this year, some of her school friends staged an intervention, LOL!!! They gave her a style make over! So far she's into it. We got rid of all the sweat pants. We found jeans at Target that have an adjustable waist & they have some stretch to them so they are comfortable for her. Still not really styish....but it's a good start. Jeans have always been a problem. Even now DD is 13 & wears a childs size 10(with the elastic in the waist pulled in as far as it can go). She can't wear slims b/c she needs more thigh room they slims allow. Oh, how I wish I had such troubles!!!!! :pLOL

I think I've always had sweatpants syndrome. I still love them, and they CAN look cute if you accessorize them right! Hehe. I think I'm starting to get over it though... I haven't worn a pair to school yet this year! That's a record! :D

I can't stand them. I think they're sloppy. The 'pink' ones from Victoria's secret can look OK for gym/coaching. I wear soffes and decent looking tshirts working out, like in gym class or coaching when it's warm. I also only wear jeans 2-3 times a week, the rest is skirts, dresses, and bermudas. I run track, and I HATE the sweats we sell, but I wear them when it's really really cold, over my underarmour of course. Hollister has some good stretch pants that look decent. My sweats always match perfectly when I do wear them. But working out is usually underarmour heat gear or cold gear depending on the weather, and cute shorts, sometimes spandex because they help your psyche-they 'feel' fast.

Here's a few tricks for when I'm feeling lazy: I have thermal leggings-so comfy you could wear them as PJ's(and I have), then either a jean skirt, or just an 'athletic' cotton skirt, with a fitted hoodie. You can even wear slide-on tennis shoes or flip flops or Ugg-style boots if you're into that.

Also, invest in moccasins in a unique color. They're like slippers, but much cuter. Mine are a soft shade of pink. I have a pink polo, a pink and white striped button down, a green and pink argyle sweater, and a pink v-neck that I mix and match with various neutral sweaters with my favorite jeans, and I feel so happy.

Skinny jeans tucked into ugg-style or knit boots look really good and feel great. I have jeans, rich brown ugg-esques, and one brown hoodie, and one brown oversized sweater. Throw that on and you look great and feel comfy. Also I'll wear jeans, black knits, and a black longsleeve or black cami with something over it.

Tonight, my body is tired and I'm exhausted, so I'm wearing my favorite skinny jeans, pink mocassins, my pink polo, and a 3/4 length dark gray vneck pullover. Matching pink headband of course, with hair probably in a high pony.

I hope I helped to beat the sweatpant syndrome.

Haha I always wear flip flops or slides, in the winter I just wear them with socks (yup you read that right - well the slides not the flip flops). There's gotta be snow on the ground to modify my behavior. I don't have many shoes because it's not all that easy for me to find relatively inexpensive shoes with all man-made materials that I like. who really cares though, one or two pairs of shoes is enough. I don't think Uggs (probably the farthest thing you could get from man-made materials anyway, huh?) and skinny jeans would suit my body type anyway so it's just as well. I have the typical gymnast build, but I'm not super slim and a lot of jeans don't fit particularly well because if you take my measurements, my hips fall into ridiculous sizes that aren't getting anywhere near over my "athletic" (always like that euphemism haha) thighs and butt.

I have one pair of jeans - well two but one pair is ripped in an inopportune place - now (probably a 4) that are a) probably like 37 inches too long, and b) sit so low on my hips it's not creating much more of a neat appearance. I probably look like a hobo with them half rolled and falling down (not that I care because they're comfortable...and I just don't care ;)) And don't get me started on how shirts fit with my ridiculous shoulders. I just gave up on clothes really. I also just don't see any reason to have more than three pairs of a shoes.

I actually only have one pair of sweats, I just...wear them a lot in the winter. Usually over a pair of soffes so I can strip as necessary.

But then again I know I'm picky about my hair and makeup even when I'm going to the gym so whatever.

I thought my DD was the only one!!!!LOL!!! Yes, we are finally emerging from the "SPS" years! For the past 2 years DD would only wear navy blue, Hanes, sweat pants from Target!!! These were not the stylish type by any means...just plain old sweat pants!!! But they had to be the Hanes from Target b/c any others had too big of a waist. When starting 8th grade this year, some of her school friends staged an intervention, LOL!!! They gave her a style make over! So far she's into it. We got rid of all the sweat pants. We found jeans at Target that have an adjustable waist & they have some stretch to them so they are comfortable for her. Still not really styish....but it's a good start. Jeans have always been a problem. Even now DD is 13 & wears a childs size 10(with the elastic in the waist pulled in as far as it can go). She can't wear slims b/c she needs more thigh room they slims allow. Oh, how I wish I had such troubles!!!!! :pLOL

Ah, being thirteen and wearing child size 10. Yeezh, that's gotta be tough. My brother is 13 and wears the slimmest pants we can get, he is so skinny. He usually wears a child size 12 or 14. But she gave up sweapants! (sob) :D LOL!!!! JOKING!!! I have like one pair of sweats and I love them. But in order for sweats to look cute you have to wear them with the right shirt.

I can't stand them. I think they're sloppy. The 'pink' ones from Victoria's secret can look OK for gym/coaching. I wear soffes and decent looking tshirts working out, like in gym class or coaching when it's warm. I also only wear jeans 2-3 times a week, the rest is skirts, dresses, and bermudas. I run track, and I HATE the sweats we sell, but I wear them when it's really really cold, over my underarmour of course. Hollister has some good stretch pants that look decent. My sweats always match perfectly when I do wear them. But working out is usually underarmour heat gear or cold gear depending on the weather, and cute shorts, sometimes spandex because they help your psyche-they 'feel' fast.

Here's a few tricks for when I'm feeling lazy: I have thermal leggings-so comfy you could wear them as PJ's(and I have), then either a jean skirt, or just an 'athletic' cotton skirt, with a fitted hoodie. You can even wear slide-on tennis shoes or flip flops or Ugg-style boots if you're into that.

Also, invest in moccasins in a unique color. They're like slippers, but much cuter. Mine are a soft shade of pink. I have a pink polo, a pink and white striped button down, a green and pink argyle sweater, and a pink v-neck that I mix and match with various neutral sweaters with my favorite jeans, and I feel so happy.

Skinny jeans tucked into ugg-style or knit boots look really good and feel great. I have jeans, rich brown ugg-esques, and one brown hoodie, and one brown oversized sweater. Throw that on and you look great and feel comfy. Also I'll wear jeans, black knits, and a black longsleeve or black cami with something over it.

Tonight, my body is tired and I'm exhausted, so I'm wearing my favorite skinny jeans, pink mocassins, my pink polo, and a 3/4 length dark gray vneck pullover. Matching pink headband of course, with hair probably in a high pony.

I hope I helped to beat the sweatpant syndrome.

Wow, you sure told us your fashion style! I have brown uggs too and I wear them like all winter. With shorts, jeans, sweats, doesn't matter. Why am I wearing shorts in the winter? Don't ask....;)

I looooooove sweats! The trick is to wear them with a more fitted t-shirt, like Abercrombie or Hollister or something. Put on flip-flops or Uggs and it's comfy and kind of cute... Also, sweatshirts with skinny jeans. I wear the baggy ugly stuff, the trick is to pair it with something relatively fitted so you don't look like a complete slob.

gracefulone - Wow that's complicated! I promise I wear cute clothes, but I am definitely not above going out in sweatpants... I'm so bad, I wore sweatpants the 4th day of school. And it wasn't even cold. I just can't resist.

I have 2 teenage daughters and believe it or not the older one who is not a gymnast is the sweat pants person at our house. i am a total jeans mom so I think its nuts but, lots of High School and Middle school girls wear sweatpants and everywhere. I guess this too shall pass I am only glad this is as bad as thing get at our house for know that is. Hey by the way anyone out there want to design jeans for gymnasts that would be great. I am thinking small waists and more thigh room various lengths. I am sure there are other girl athletes who would appreciate these also.:p

I agree with ur jeans idea! Can we design some shirts while we're at it? cause i always find i have to go up a size for the shoulders and then the stomach is huge! gymnasts really do need their own line of clothing!! =)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back