WAG Switch leap back leg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flippingout

Gymnast
Well, I just competed at a meet this past weekend. I got an 8.55, because my start value was a 9.7 due to a missing B. I used to have a switch leap in there, but we took it out due to an extremely bent back leg. I really need some help with this. I am getting some pretty bad deductions from bending my back leg and sometimes it shows up in my split jump on beam too. Any drills or insight or help? I'm desperate. Thanks!

Back leg kicks, focusing on the straight leg and not on height. Start with small kicks, feeling the straight leg, and slowly get higher and higher. Same drill with split jumps.
Some split jumps next to a mirror so you can see when it's straight - this messes with your technique a little bit because you have to look sideways to see it, but it's helpful to do a little bit.

That is a great idea I did not even think of that,, my switch leap is getting a little bit better, hopefully I can compete it again this weekend and it has a straight leg. I think it messes with me a little bit though because it is at the end of my routine and I have a front tumbling pass right after it so I kind of try to save energy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back