Parents Switching back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Actually, this has been a 3 week thing of begging. I did talk to her and ask her why before I made this thread. And her response was " I miss gymnastics, I wanna go back on beam and bars and vault! Cheerleading is getting boring." (Also, when I come to watch her practices, I always see this 3 older girls picking on her.)

I really hate to spoil the levity, but before you break the bank putting #4 back into the gym, shouldn't you check out the situation above? I mean, I'd want to go anywhere but the place I was being picked on.

I really hate to spoil the levity, but before you break the bank putting #4 back into the gym, shouldn't you check out the situation above? I mean, I'd want to go anywhere but the place I was being picked on.

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that better. It was a 3 week begging thing before the girls started to pick on her. I am not sure why, but they pick on her whole group of friends too. Another mom and I spoke to the HC about it and she said she will try to fix it. When I came into the practice the next day, I saw the whole team and the coach huddled up talking about "friendship" and "being nice" as DD said to me. Hopefully now those girls will be nicer.

After that, in the car I asked her again if she would like to stay in cheerleading now that the girls will be nicer. She said "NO!! I really wanna go back!!!" I'm taking her today at 11:30 for her tryout, and to see if there is a family plan. Sorry about the confusion!

Last edited by a moderator:
**update**

So, we just got back from the gym. They tested her on all events. On floor she did her full and front handspring layout. Beam, she did a bhs and 2 bwos. Vault, a front handspring. The coach told me she was very rusty on bars. They put her as a level 7! Coach came up to me and said " She just made the cut to go into level 7. I know she was out for 2 years and that is fine, but she needs to catch up." DD was ecstatic! I am so proud of her:):D

On another note... I found out there is a family plan. If you have four or more kids, the youngest is free. So I'm not paying for Hannah anymore! Abby's goes down $50 then L&A's goes down $50. :relieved: Thank the Heavens for a family plan!

So, we just got back from the gym. They tested her on all events. On floor she did her full and front handspring layout. Beam, she did a bhs and 2 bwos. Vault, a front handspring. The coach told me she was very rusty on bars. They put her as a level 7! Coach came up to me and said " She just made the cut to go into level 7. I know she was out for 2 years and that is fine, but she needs to catch up." DD was ecstatic! I am so proud of her:):D

On another note... I found out there is a family plan. If you have four or more kids, the youngest is free. So I'm not paying for Hannah anymore! Abby's goes down $50 then L&A's goes down $50. :relieved: Thank the Heavens for a family plan!

Congrats to your newest gymmie on L7! That's terrific! And it sounds like you're getting a good deal. Maybe the reduction in fees and Hannah's being free will offset the costs of adding your oldest.

Congrats to your newest gymmie on L7! That's terrific! And it sounds like you're getting a good deal. Maybe the reduction in fees and Hannah's being free will offset the costs of adding your oldest.

Thanks Shawn! I am hoping there will be some extra money, because I still have to pay for her routines, her warm-up, her team leo, and comp leo:eek::rolleyes::fryingpan:

Congradualtions to Abby! It will definatley be better for all your girls that she will not also ber at a level 6. Your gyms family plan sounds awesome. I wish our gym had something like that.

Thanks Shawn! I am hoping there will be some extra money, because I still have to pay for her routines, her warm-up, her team leo, and comp leo:eek::rolleyes::fryingpan:

LOL.... I guess you need to change your sig now, huh? :D

Wow, that amazing, two years off and right back in where she left off. The moral to this tale is taking a break is a good thing and losing skills is not always an issue.

She must be very proud of them. Now will they get to train at the same tiem.

I am loving the family plan.

Way to go Abby - that is awesome - good for her :D

I think we should all vote on what you need to change your name to - I'm thinking BrokeGymMomtoGaggleofGymGirls :rotfl:

Congrats to Abby! I am glad they have a family plan for you. That is cool. I hope she loves gymnastics again!

Way to go Abby - that is awesome - good for her :D

I think we should all vote on what you need to change your name to - I'm thinking BrokeGymMomtoGaggleofGymGirls :rotfl:

LOL!!:rotfl::laughing::rotfl::laughing::slaphappy:
Just wait until my youngest is 1 years old and I put her into a mommy and me class!

That is so wonderful! Congratulations to Abby!!:proposetoast: And thank heaven for family plans!! Of course we just had our second class but from what I can tell, our gym's family plan is $8.00 off per month for each additional sibling!!!:(

That is so wonderful! Congratulations to Abby!!:proposetoast: And thank heaven for family plans!! Of course we just had our second class but from what I can tell, our gym's family plan is $8.00 off per month for each additional sibling!!!:(

Thanks! Ours is just per year.

That's great about the freebie for Hannah!!!

So how many other kids are you hiding???? :rotfl:

That's great about Abby coming back to gym. As for the bill....definitely ask the gym about some kind of family plan!

That's all I am hiding! I promise! LOL. We have a plan now, If there are 4 or more kids at the gym, the youngest is free. Then, everyone's usual cost is $50 less.

Wow, level 7! That is great! And I am loving the family discount!! :DHow exciting for all of you!

Kelly

Thats great that your kids are so talented. Luckily I just have 1 in gym, it is extremely expensive. One of the girls who used to be on my daughters team had a sister who was also supposed to be on the team but her mother would not let both of them do it because of the expense and the older child was already involved with other activites. This did not seem right to me both girls were really talented , I would not be able to let one do it and deny the other one I think you made the right choice. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back