Parents Switching team coaches often??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Skye Fernandez

Proud Parent
So my DD is still in her first year competing. They are on their 3rd coach so far this season and it seems like the current coach will be getting replaced soon as well. Im a little concerned that our girls arent getting any consistency and I wanted to know is this normal?

The same has happened at our gym this year. Most of the lower levels have college girls coaching and I think at times it becomes too much for them. It is disheartening when the girls get attached to them and they leave. However, our Optional team has had very consistent coaches.

I am sorry this has happened. I hope your daughter is adjusting. That would be really rough! I have seen it happen a lot at smaller gyms and at the lower levels. Stuff happens. One gym I know of even had it happen at the optional level due to unforeseen circumstances.

Is there any chance the parents are kept in the loop about what is going on? Meaning are you notified ahead of time, or do you just walk in and find the new coach there, ready to go....was there any closure?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back