Parents SylviaP Quality

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lostinfog

Proud Parent
Has anyone ordered from Sylvia P recently? I noticed the leotards feel much different in quality than collections past. I checked the tags to see how the material differed and noticed Made in China. All others we have ordered in the past have nice quality fabric that isn’t paper thin or flimsy and those say Australian Made. I am very happy with the leotards we have ordered from collections back in the Spring up to around a year ago.
The leotards are fairly pricey so I will have to re-evaluate if we order from them again even though DD loves the styles.

Wow, I would have said very high quality, but I haven’t seen anything from them for about six months, and didn’t realise they have started to manufacture overseas. That is a shame, as their quality really is their point of difference here.

Their Australian website still says 95% of their clothing is made in Australia so maybe it was one specific collection, or maybe they outsourced manufacture during our covid shutdown? If you weren’t happy with the quality I would definitely ask about the origins of anything else before you purchase it. And maybe even let them know you think the quality has declined. They’re priced like a premium product, so that is what they should deliver.

They make the vast majority of there stuff here. The SylviaP factory and home store, is right near us. I’m in there a lot, it’s very unusual for them to outsource. It may have just been for a specific collection because we have had some difficulties importing things like materials with the COVID issues.

I was wondering if Covid had something to do with the manufacturing as well. In the US it looks like they ship from Vancouver, WA. We ordered 2 of the leos directly off the SP website. My shipment was actually delayed by 2 weeks and the customer service rep said they were waiting for more leotards to arrive from Australia by boat (maybe it was China? )Going forward I’ll do as Jess suggested and ask about the origins. I would love to continue to support SP and hope things haven’t changed for good.

About 2 years ago our gym ordered a sample. I didn't like it. The leo we recieved kind of felt like a danskin leo to me rather than a competition one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back