Parents T&T and Artistic gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flippingwith2

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Both my girls were invited to join the T&T team. Once summer is over and school is back in session the level 2 will be going about 5.5 hours a week and the level 4 we are currently not sure on how many hours she should be doing. I’m thinking 12 - 16 hours, that’s what she did last season during competition. Has anyone else’s child done something similar? Financially it just adds a couple more entry fees and a pair of trampoline shoes, so that’s not an issue. T&T would add one more day of practice I can’t exactly remember how many hours but I know it was less than 3. I’m just wondering what that does to their skills. Would it help their artistic skills or would it hold them back? I’m thinking it increases their chances for injury. Thanks in advance for any help.

My daughter did both at once (rhythmic at the same time too). It neither helped nor hurt her skills. All three of her coaches were on the same page and happy with the arrangement though- is that the case here? If the coaches are on board, your kids are interested, and you don’t think they’re already at their personal limits to keep gym fun then I say give it a go. My daughter loved T&T- it was such a different atmosphere at meets.

My daughter did both at once (rhythmic at the same time too). It neither helped nor hurt her skills. All three of her coaches were on the same page and happy with the arrangement though- is that the case here? If the coaches are on board, your kids are interested, and you don’t think they’re already at their personal limits to keep gym fun then I say give it a go. My daughter loved T&T- it was such a different atmosphere at meets.

I know they both love the T&T coach and she has a good relationship with both of them too. She did mention that it was a great confidence booster and that it’s a lot easier than artistic as far as meets go. My oldest has been working with her since end of March and the youngest has been working with her this summer(since June). I plan on talking to the coaches to see what they think. The little one is eager to get out there and the oldest is a bit more reserved about competing T&T. If it was up the them they’d live at the gym! I know they have fun I just wanted to hear from other parents who have been in a similar set up to see how it worked out. The gym parents near me are all about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back