T&T Hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
We just got our DD's schedule for the fall. All summer it's been three days a week, 5 hours total, and I'm thrilled they'll be taking the full 5 hours into the fall as well. Practices will be 4-6:30. I don't know what to do with myself since we've moved from artistic. We won't be getting home at 9:30 pm, and we won't have to give up the middle of Sundays to practice. My DD is so happy. She is likely going to compete Level 6 on all three events. I can't believe how hard she has worked - I finally got to see her practice last week after not being the one who takes her all summer and I was amazed. She still has a lot of work to do but I see so much improvement. She even got a new skill progression while I was there last week - back tuck, barani tuck, back tuck barani tuck. She was so excited! If I could figure out how to upload video to the private group I totally would LOL.

What are your kids' hours and what levels are they? Come on, lets keep this board active!

There's not many people here, unfortunately. Not many t&t people on CB in general. YDD has been injured since before the trials and is just now working her way back in. She'll keep the same 4 hours into the fall that they all have (L5-7) at her gym. She's still on track to compete L7 on dm and tramp. Hopefully the injury doesn't slow her down.

Last edited:
As for video- you can upload it to Vimeo with a password. Then post the link and the password to the group. If you decide that it's been out there long enough, you can simply change the password and it's private again.

DS's do 3 hours of class plus 2-4 of open gym. Looks like ODS will be 7 on trampoline (and likely DM-he just got his spotter back tuck) and a 4 in tumbling. YDS should be a 6 (maybe moving to 7 mid-season if he can get the mobility score) on both trampoline and double mini and a 5 in tumbling.

Wow, I feel like I train a ton now :). currently we are at about 20 hrs/week for summer (although optional when you go, so I have been going 16hrs instead) and when September comes we do 4hrs 3x a week. Our entire comp program trains the same hours (with the exception of the seniors and one junior, who I think probably come other times) and we start at level 5/6 maybe (in Canada the levels are VERY different) A lot of the younger kids leave early/don't come some days, and the national kids (me included, approx. US level 9/10+) tend to come every day.
I am level 10ish mini and tramp and about 8 tumbling (but our gym doesn't really tumble, so I will probably max out at 8) hoping to get my tuck rudi out by the end of the summer.

DS just turned 10 and will be competing B level in fall before he will compete A level (= elite FIG level) in spring 2017 . Just trampoline he will train 14 hours a week starting in August. 4x 3 hours plus 1x 2 hours. He will also compete in UK in november. I think B level you can compare with level 9/10 . Difficulty will be around 8.5

DS is now practising a new routine consisting of piked rudi out, back SS straight, fliffus piked , double back SS tucked, fliffus tucked, back SS piked, barani piked, full, rudi, double back SS piked. He probably won't compete it untill spring since the difficulty is too high for B level and he is not allowed to compete A level untill 2017 because of his age.

DD (9) goes 3 hours 3x per week. She has had a big summer skills wise and is now training TR L8 DM L7/8 and TU L6. Recently got a Cody, ball out and front full. Nearly has back full.

Sounds a lot like ODS-he also got his ball out and Cody this summer. He had a mental block on barani for quite awhile so I'm thinking the bigger twisting skills are a little farther off for him :)

DD just turned 10 and is training for L7 tramp, L8 DM and still level 6 tumbling (didn't meet mobility) for USAG. She also competes USTA and is training for advanced DM, sub-advanced tumbling. I believe she'll stay sub-advance trampoline. She practices for 2.5 hours, 4 x per week. I just love watching her :)

My younger sister just competed L8 at Nationals and trains 2.5-3hrs/practice twice a week. After nationals they cut hours in the summer (with the option for more if desired) and in the fall are back to their regular schedule.

oDS 6 hours a week and yDS 5.5 hours a week. (oDD is WAG and is moving from 16 to 25 hours a week, yDD is at 2, moving to 4 hours WAG)
yDS is level 4-5 and oDS is level 4/6/7 (working 5/7/8)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back