Parents Talent identification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TrampolineMummy

Proud Parent
Hi,

We are very new to the world of British Gymnastics! DD was at a birthday party at our local trampoline academy last year and was asked to come for a trial for the talent identification squad. We went to the trial and she was offered a place but at the time we weren't sure so she started recreational trampolining instead which she really enjoyed. Just before the summer holidays she was offered a place again by the coach taking her class and this time we decided to give it a go. She has been training twice a week for the past month and absolutely loves it. The only concern I now have is that after a period of time they can say she's not good enough and will have to leave the squad. At the moment she's trying to nail the front landing which was something she had only just started in recreational. She seems to be finding it really hard and I was wondering how long on average it takes to master? She's just turned 7 and I'm worried if she doesn't nail it soon she'll be asked to leave again. Or is it not so much about how long it takes to master certain skills and more about overall potential?
She's having such a good time and is almost hyper with excitement after every session.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back