WAG Talk to me about front handspring front vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jlogym

Proud Parent
My dd has been working this vault on and off I think the plan is for her to compete it next season (level 8). I really didn’t know anything about this vault so I search this site for previous posts. I am now terrified! Is this vault really that dangerous? My dd was a very successful front handspring vaulter but does that mean she will be ok doing this vault? Her coach is very young and I am now very concerned. Should I talk with the coach? I usually try to stay out of talking skills and let the coach decide.

It's dangerous if the process goes too quick and they flip it onto mats when they aren't ready for it. The coach knows what he's doing, or he would never even have begun to teach her this vault

So I guess that is my concern. I like my dds coach but she is young and inexperienced.. I know she has not coached this vault before. I also think she is expecting her to compete this for level 8.

So I guess that is my concern. I like my dds coach but she is young and inexperienced.. I know she has not coached this vault before. I also think she is expecting her to compete this for level 8.
The only way to know this for sure is to ask the coach. And yes, every skill must be taught for the first time. Otherwise we wouldn't have coaches, let alone high-level coaches

It’s not legal in level 8 so she can’t do it. Your coach should know this. Level 9 and 10 it can be done. It’s hard on the knees I understand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back