Teabags for rips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone!
I use teabags for my hands when i get rips because lots of people have told me that they help...
I was wondering if this is a myth or if its true and how does it work

Yup, the tannin in the tea is what works. My DDs use them when they have rips and it works really well.

How exactly do you use them?

Do you wet them with warm water and set them on the rip? Or let them soak in some water then put the hand in the water and let it soak?

Thanks!

I use a used teabag (one thats been steeped in boiling/hot water).
To stop the whole hand going brown wrap it in glad wrap and cut a hole where the rip is. put the teabag on the rip and hold it on with more glad wrap wrapped around the hand. put a sock on your hand and leave it on overnight.

I use a used teabag (one thats been steeped in boiling/hot water).
To stop the whole hand going brown wrap it in glad wrap and cut a hole where the rip is. put the teabag on the rip and hold it on with more glad wrap wrapped around the hand. put a sock on your hand and leave it on overnight.
Thank you, I will have to try this next time Pixie gets a rip. We used lotion but it just wasn't working fast enough.

If you do use a teabag over night, make sure you air it during the day and keep it well moisturised otherwise it will dry out too much and the skin will crack.

Good luck, hope it works as well for you as it does for me! :)

A few days after reading this post, my dd had her worst rip ever. Her entire callous ripped off while working bars. She now has the distinction of having the biggest rip ever in her gym. It really was quite something to see, the level 10s were even coming over to see it, lol.

Anyway....I decided to try the teabag idea on this rip. WOW!! It looked SO much better by morning. It had a fresh layer of dry skin on it by then and looked so much better. Now, of course she didn't stay off bars, so she ripped it back open the next day and a little bit the day after that, but not nearly as bad as it would have been without putting the tea bag on each night.

I highly recommend the tea bag idea!!! It worked phenomenally quick, not sure how it works, BUT it does work!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back