Team camp lunch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Let's see.

Our gym has a no nut policy (otherwise some granola bars would get thrown in).

I will pack stuff like, turkey cheese wrap, egg whites and hummus, ham and cheese wrap, California rolls.

In a thermos things like mac and cheese, potstickers, ravioli, veggie/potatoe pancakes, Taco meat for a taco,

Add ins; apple slices, grapes, bagel with cream cheese, cheese and crackers, various veggies with dip, berries, yogurt, grapefruit, apple sauce, pineapple, grapefruit, cookies.

Maybe a smoothie on the days I don't do her thermos for a meal.

Let's see.

Our gym has a no nut policy (otherwise some granola bars would get thrown in).

I will pack stuff like, turkey cheese wrap, egg whites and hummus, ham and cheese wrap, California rolls.

In a thermos things like mac and cheese, potstickers, ravioli, veggie/potatoe pancakes, Taco meat for a taco,

Add ins; apple slices, grapes, bagel with cream cheese, cheese and crackers, various veggies with dip, berries, yogurt, grapefruit, apple sauce, pineapple, grapefruit, cookies.

Maybe a smoothie on the days I don't do her thermos for a meal.

Sorry forgot some other stuff,

Black beans and rice, tortellini and pesto, pierogi.

And while not necessarily healthy beans and franks or bologna.

I would say to pack what she will eat....

For D, I will do pb&j, ham and cheese sandwiches, hummus and crackers, apples and peanut butter, fruit, veggies, chips, granola bars, some kind of sweet, etc.

The key is packing what she will eat :0

Thanks a lot! Those are some great choices that will be good additions to our lunch. She is getting bored with what she's been eating.

Does she like sushi at all? My kids are half-Japanese and one of the only foods my son will eat is my "sushi". I refer to it more as a poor-man's sushi, though. I take a small bowl of rice and add furikake, which is a flavor topping for rice. It's basically dried seaweed and fish, depending on the "flavor". Then I throw it into a sheet of nori and wrap it up. You could also put fried egg in the middle for added protein. In Japan, it's also common to have "onigiri" as a lunch snack and these are similar, just rice formed into a ball and then covered with nori. They often have something like tuna inside.
I don't know if it's something you could get where you are or whether she'd even like it, but it's definitely something off the beaten track.

Does she like sushi at all? My kids are half-Japanese and one of the only foods my son will eat is my "sushi". I refer to it more as a poor-man's sushi, though. I take a small bowl of rice and add furikake, which is a flavor topping for rice. It's basically dried seaweed and fish, depending on the "flavor". Then I throw it into a sheet of nori and wrap it up. You could also put fried egg in the middle for added protein. In Japan, it's also common to have "onigiri" as a lunch snack and these are similar, just rice formed into a ball and then covered with nori. They often have something like tuna inside.
I don't know if it's something you could get where you are or whether she'd even like it, but it's definitely something off the beaten track.
She loves sushi! I will have to try that.....thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back