Team Colors [PLEASE HELP!]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everybody!

I one day would like to open a gym. Seriously. I already have floor plans, conditioning books, plans to help me make money, etc. Yes I'm only 15 :D Anyways, I'm having a hard time deciding what my team colors should be. I love having red and black or red and white, because you can do so much with those colors. The problem with that is, so many teams have that as their team color. I had the idea of neon green and blue because a lot of girls from my team would like that color and my old gym had blue as their color, so I'm used to it :) My sister also suggested neon green and black. I like the originality of those colors and they'd be fun, especially with designing some leos, but it would be rather difficult in some situations with those colors. I mean, if we decked out our gym in those colors, that'd look rather odd. So, any input please :D?

My gym has Red and Black as the Team colors. I suggest looking at the other gyms in your area to see what their colors are, so ya'll won't be the same. I alway thought sky blue and white or purple and white would be nice. Tell us what colors you choose!:)

OMG! That is awesome that you're designing you're gym, I've been doing the same thing too for a long time! It's really fun, isn't it. Anyways, I think that red would be fine. It also looks really cool with gold. My gym combined with another gym. There colors were light green and black and ours were light and dark blue and white. Our new colors are royal blue and black.

i like the neon green and black as team colors but that is true that the gym would look a little funky decked out in those colors. my gyms colors are red and blue and it works great because a lot of gym brands have red mats (tiffin, spring co. etc.) and blue as well!

let us know what you chose :)

I like the neon green and black but another possibility would be like a deep navy blue or dark purple and neon green

I think the purples and blues look really nice. Those are some of the most popular colors. I agree with red and white. My advice is to get some fabric samples from companies, they really show how nice colors can look together much better than a computer screen.

Thank you all for the advice! Yes I think a few gyms around the area have red and black, but I don't think that the majority too. I never thought of getting fabric samples, I have gotten paint samples, but that's a great idea! I have looked at the Gym Dogs facility online and saw how they tied everything in together. I also like the light blue and white or black. Who knows maybe I won't have team colors and just be like Chow's and switch off colors for fun.

I do know, that if I had Optionals, I'd let them have a team leo, and then for like regionals or whatever we'd have a fun leo, like the elites do :]

Any color with black and a silver or gold would make for stunning leos. I think almost everyone looks good in blue so that would be a good choice. If it were me, I'd wait until you pick a location for your gym and try to find a color that other gyms in the area don't have. You'd stand out more in meets that way.

teal and black

ahh teal and blue are very nice together!! a high school in the area had those colors and they have had some gorgeous leos.

my club had purple white/silver and black for colors. I thought these made for some pretty nice leos.

and my hs team colors were maroon silver and black.

i think you should do something with black and silver i agreee with whoever said that early black matches everything and is flattering on just about anyone!

I like the idea of red,white and gold too.I also think black,gold,and silver go nice together on leotards.I have a Nastia Liukin leotard and it has those colors and it looks really good together.There's a local gym that has really pretty leotards,they're navy,gold,and white.That looks pretty good too.

Hah,I've been "designing" my gym too.I went on some website that sells gym equipment and added everything that I would need.So far its up to almost 23,000 and im not even done yet!

Wow thank you for all the replies!!! I definetly like anything with black, and silver would be cool too, because black goes so well with everything and gives a nice contrast. It's funny that yellow and purple was mentioned, the UW is purple and gold and some of the girls from my gym have gone there since it's in our state haha. There are so many shades, so we'll see what happens haha. One of the gyms I used to go to switches off between teal and blue, it's changed through the years haha.

Haha yes mine is getting very expensive :] I've been looking a lot at Woodward plans too, so it's getting up there haha. I always like to look at the nice equipment and am like ooh that's pretty haha

Our Team Colours are Purple and Black. In my opinion the colours a good, but our leo is rather boring! We could do so much more! Something I do in spare time is go on the dreamlight or GK elite websites and design my own leo. They are very expensive though so I'd be inclined to design on there and then have someone else make it! hehe!

In my region of England, clubs have the following colours:

Red and Black
Purple and black
Purple and purple/pink sleeves
Black and blue
Black and Silver
Red and White
Turquoise
Dark blue with silver glitter
Dark blue and Royal Blue

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head!

Yeah I love looking at leos! One of my old coaches, who was one of my favorite coaches ever, designs really unique and cool leos. She designs them for major colleges too, such as arizona sun devils. Hopefully she continues on designing leos when I open a gym :D

Right now I'm really liking the black and red[deep red] and some silver in it too. Blue will be a color to play with too, and then if I used blue some lime green :]

Thanks! I was liking the whole idea with silver, and I really like blue. Problem is my home team is blue and another team I used to be on is tealish/blue, so depending on the gym will be we'll see!

u should go with blue and yellow because they are Ukrainian and good gymnast are Ukranian ; - D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back