Parents Team fees?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just remembered...starting last yr, they changed our tution schedule so we pay the 12 month's worth over 10 months (Sept thru June). We do not pay in the summer months, so we are encouraged to put the extra $ aside towards their competition account. For me those 2 months of tuition ($770 each month for 2 on team) would cover 1 girl's meet fees, LOL!! Our USAG and USAIGC membership fees also come out of the comp acct so you just have to put in extra for that. We are reassessing our payment schedule to require more money up front in Aug/Sept (I say we b/c I'm on the Boar) so the treasurer doesn't have to spend alot of time chasing people down monthly!

No "Team Fee" here. While it sounds like a 'handling fee' up front, but it could be a way for the gym to lower the monthly fee's to a competitive level and still remain profitable.

For us, it's just the monthly stipend of $290 a month for team (up $100 over last season), $85 every 8 weeks for tumble class, and $80 (or so) a month in privates. Leo's, competition fees, and other sundries are definately not included.

Hi Netty... I was just wondering how they make the fundraising mandatory, esp. since there isn't a Booster Club? We've been fighting for our Tax Exempt status for about a year now. It is so frustrating for the same 20 families to be doing all the work re: fundraising, planning for the home meets, etc., and yet, according to federal tax law, every family has to benefit from any money that's raised!. Now there's talk about possibly dissolving the Booster Club due to lack of volunteers.... yet, if there was a way to fundraise W/O that umbrella organization, I'd really love to hear the details!!!

Honestly? It's in the contract. You either raise that amount or pay 80% of it up front (they call it a buy-out). This way, you're not relying on a few families to raise money for the gym. Either way, everyone on team contributes. I also think the more hours you're in the gym the more you have to pay. We're also required to work a set number of hours at every gym-run meet. There are 2 we sponsor every year plus they'll host an occaisional state or regional meet. Makes for a lot of work for the team parents. But it is amazing how quickly things get done because every family is represented when it's time to work a meet plus having to set-up and tear down afterwards! Plus, if for some reason you are unable to help out at a given meet you can pay to have an area football player work for you! Gotta love that!

In addition to monthly tuitition, a $117 is due in Aug. to cover expenses such as chalk, equipment maintainance, and USA membership fees.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back