Parents Team Gifts for State Meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

crazygymmom

Proud Parent
Our girls have their state meet on Saturday. I know some of the mommas are getting things for the girls. (last year it was planned and easier).
I am really not creative. Anyone have any good ideas?

Our State gives the girls a meet gift and the coaches give the girls flowers. This is the only meet where I buy my daughter a meet sweatshirt and she looks forward to that....the one where they put all the names on the back and put a little star next to her name. I figure at $45 or so, that's good enough!! I guess that is our state meet tradition!

Hallmark has these lovely colored boxes that tie closed with a ribbon. We gave my daughter one at States with her favorite kind of stuffed animal in it, a pretty scrunchie and a treat to eat. She loved it and it was a nice distraction from the actual awards which didn't go so well... lol

Any little gift in it too with a key chain type thing she can attach to her gym bag is always nice as a memory.

I also always give my daughter an encouragement card before States. I sneak it into her gym bag just to remind her how awesome I think she is, even if the judges don't always agree with my assessment... HA!

QUOTE=Empowered;191320]
I also always give my daughter an encouragement card before States. I sneak it into her gym bag just to remind her how awesome I think she is, even if the judges don't always agree with my assessment... HA![/QUOTE]

What a great idea. I might have to use this idea this weekend at DD's state meet!

Crazygymmom:
Does the meet have any particular theme? We've always tried to coordinate treats and things with the meet theme.

I would give them all a piece on paper, one which I would write (in my best handwriting) " Congrats you made it to States!".

I always thought the gift was making it. :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back