WAG Team Gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a gymnast who comes from level 8 Team Gym, she wants to do artistic now. She is 13 and we have a gym in Great Britain. What skills should i do to progress her into full on artistic? I need help for every aspect of this journey because I have never coached someone from another sport.

Not a coach but doing a web search it appears that TeamGym is similar to T&T in the US. Have you done an eval with her yet? If not maybe just start there and find out what she can and can't do on each event.

Thank you, On another forum someone told me they already have training in floor, but knowing they have confidence on the tramp too helps a lot, T&T is a scary sport so I am glad she is brave. Someone also told me they do vault so i am going to evaluate her skills on both vault and floor and work on the basics on bars and beam, like walks on beam and kips on bars, But that said I am still nervous about the rest of the transition but just a bit of background in what she may be able to do.

I'm not a coach either, but I would guess you'd need to concentrate on beam and bars to get her up to speed.

Teamgym consist of trampette and landing mat, trampette and vaulting table and tumbling. So thats where the floor comes from. She might not know how to use the springs in the floor yet, but that should come easy. With vault she might not know how to use the springboard since teamgym vaults with a trampette

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back