Team Sleepover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello All! I need some suggestions. We're about to get a bunch of newbies on my prep-op team, so being the oldest and thus the team leader, I wanted to have a sleepover to help us get to know one another, and hopefully build up some team spirit. Anyone have any ideas on some activities? I was thinking about making tee shirts, but other than that, I'm idea-less. :p I don't want to do too many activities, because I think that just hanging out with one another works just as well too, but I don't want it to be boring. :)

Thanks guys! :]

EDIT: if this would be more appropriate for the questions section, feel free to move it there. I don't know why I posted it here, actually. :p

My dd is having her gym sleepover on Friday. They will each decorate a white pillowcase with fabric markers. Also available will be the opportunity to make friendship bracelets. Last year they made flipflops with ribbons in the team colors.

They actually sleep over at the gym. So a big part of the evening is "playing" and making forts and such with the mats. And don't forget the eating. They all eat a lot!:)

Chicken in the hen house!!!! That was my favorite team game :) Do you know what that is? If not reply, and I'll post what it is and how to play it :) Everyone at any gym in our area loves it. Also try link tag outside.

Chicken in the hen house!!!!
I might be wrong but is that what you call Lovers Leap? I know Chicken in the hen house is one of the poses or whatever you would call it. Another game to play would be steal the bacon. You break up into two teams and you put foam in the middle of the floor and somebody calls out two names and they run to the middle and try to get the foam and bring it back to their team. Relay races (but you could add in gymnastics moves). The human knot (grab arms of people who aren't next to you and try to untangle yourselves). Otherwise just try talking. It will help you guys get to know each other. Ask questions like what made you want to join? What are you afraid of? What do you think will benefit you? What adive could the veterans give to the newbies? Why you wanted to join? Favorite event? Etc. Just be creative and you'll figure something out. :)

Twister, wink murder, rounders!!! The classics!! And the one where you split into teams, each team has a bowl of Malteasers (do you guys get malteasers?) and sook them up through a straw into another bowl, the team with the most after a minute wins.

Oooh, and the one where you split into teams with about eight people in each. Stand in a circle, everyone puts their right hand in the middle and joins with someone else, and then join your left hand with someone else. First team to get untangled win!!!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE CHICKEN IN THE HEN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a summer team party every year and we always play capture the flag! we love it. make sure you play the version where you hide the flag too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back