Team uniforms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I mean really if your tan line is hanging out you need a bigger Leo. They need to be lower cut. It is just encouraging the pervies. Don't they even think of that when they squash them into the Leos and blather on about leg length blah blah.

The only thing with using red, white, and blue is that there are a lot of red, white, and blue countries (RUS, NED, FRA, GBR, AUS, NZL, etc.). Everyone wearing their patriotic colors is what led to the infamous team finals podium with all the medalists in red.

Not that I endorse bright pink, mind you, but something like Russia's teal/black leo. The one redeeming quality about bright pink is that it does look nice on a fairly wide range of skin tones.

I will reference this picture:

VERNON.jpg

China is in their national colors, as is Russia. Our girls are in gray and black with lime green tennis shoes. The men are almost always in Red white an blue....

I just say..get creative :)

I mean really if your tan line is hanging out you need a bigger Leo. They need to be lower cut. It is just encouraging the pervies. Don't they even think of that when they squash them into the Leos and blather on about leg length blah blah.
I think (other than the leo being too small), her problem re: tan line is that she wore a low rise bikini to tan in and the leotard is high cut. If she wore a bikini bottom with the same high cut as the leotard, can you imagine where the waist of the bottom would have to be?

Marta chooses pink because it's her favourite colour and she wants the girls to not "blend in" with the blue mats like she thinks they would if they wear a colour like blue (and if you've seen the pink live they really do stand out, you can't look away). That's why the only patriotic leotards are red, and not the full spectrum of red white and blue like the USA trampoline national team. (Although in trampoline it would generally be unheard of to wear pink instead of national colours).

I guess the USA is at a point in WAG where they don't need to wear their national colours, everyone knows who they are.

tumblr_nczwcvDNqj1sp6rtqo1_500.png

tumblr_nczwcvDNqj1sp6rtqo2_500.png

tumblr_nczwcvDNqj1sp6rtqo3_500.png

Enjoy the comparison kit between the USA WAG team and T&T team.

Some of the leotards look great in red and blue. In particular, I love the look of the silver 'necklace' of rhinestones on the navy. I do understand Marta's logic but today's were way too pink for me. I would have loved them to compete podium training leos.

I agree that the bubblegum pink was quite annoying. I also agree that doing a red/white/blue combination would make the US look like everyone else whose national colors are the same. Does anyone remember the US leos that were American flag design? I'll take the pink over those any day of the week and twice on Sunday! If Marta likes pink and purple, then pink and purple it will be...I just wish it wasn't such a neon pink....Aly Raisman's mauve-ish color leo was beautiful, imo.

Well, pink is a very flattering color, and well known for putting people in a 'calm' and 'happy' state. So makes sense to want to be judged while wearing pink :p

I like when they mix the colors up and go beyond red/white/blue - I'd like to see lime, orange, plum, turquoise, etc in beautiful designs in addition to the hot pink. That said, those red practice leotards were a beautiful design, I agree.

When will we see our lovely men in pink, hmm? I think they'd look dashing. Gender equality, c'mon! :D

True that

Iwannabemargo said:
  • Not really the hip mind you, more the waist as again they all seem to be wearing leos at least two sizes too small.
Seems that most coaches want the competition leotards to be really tight. My DD's coach ordered her a child small competition leotard last year. She was 9. By the end of the season, it took both of us to get her in it.

I used to like the pink but I am sick of it now. My favorite leo so far is the black tank British leo with the flag on the back. From the Coach Gymnast
i-42D3FWG-L.jpg

Also the mesh sleeves on the US girls have a nude lining so what looks like just mesh and skin is actually a full leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back