Parents Teenagerdom and gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Your daughter was awesomely brave in talking honestly with that one girl. I really hope this helps! If not...

What about you talking to one or two of the moms? I mean do they know about this party? If my kid was at a party that was livestreamed to anyone except maybe a hospitalized friend who was live chatting at the same time, I would lose my mind.
What is the purpose of livestreaming a girls teen party? Wow. Does everyone think they are reality stars now?

Obviously talking to the other moms is tricky, but hopefully there is one decent mother in the bunch you could trust to mention that your daughter is used to having a great group of friends at gym and you do not know why she is not being invited to things, and see what they say?

When my son was having troubles with several boys at gym, I found that with some careful questioning I could identify who the ringleader was. The dynamics can be tricky and it is often not obvious, but usually there are only one or two who are creating the toxic atmosphere.

It may not help to know who the ringleader is, but it might. It would be more info for the coach and also it may help to figure out who to make connections with and when- my son always had no problems when the ringleader was not around.

Edit timed out- I wanted to add that in my experience, there really was not much I could do about it when my son was targeted at gym except help him not be overly reactive and to gain perspective. (I tried though!) Your daughter's experience is different, but we ran into the same difficulty re: maintaining or making friendships outside of gym due to time constraints (Thiers and ours.) But he did have good friendships outside of gym and that was incredibly helpful, even though time with them was limited. But it definitely took some exertion on my part to make sure he did have at least some time with his real friends.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back