Test event!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know of any way to follow the test event this weekend? Lots of drama in the making!

There's no livestream :( but people are tweeting, especially coaches who are there and the gymnastics associations of the countries which are competing there.

+ the link above.

So much suspense!

Well, everyone, it's on...vault judging for the Australians has been very tight, but they did well. Romania survived bars, but barely (did a point better than Worlds). Haven't paid attention to the individuals, I'm too busy panicking for the teams haha.

The Gymternet (thegymter.net) is doing live updates, in addition to the actually quite good livestream. Nory's commentary is quite cute :p

What is this test event for? The US is sending a team, but there are only two guys doing it......is this for people who needed to qualify internationally?

It's to qualify teams and individuals who haven't already qualified to the Olympics.
For teams: teams who came 9-16 at the World Championships last year come and compete at the Test Event. The top 4 qualify as a team to the Olympics. The bottom 4 qualify one individual.

For individuals: I'm not so sure how this works, but I think it's the next set of 8 countries at Worlds (those who placed 17-24) plus some other gymnasts, although I'm not entirely sure which, sorry, get to send a gymnast who competes in the AA for a spot. I think 26 compete and 24 get in? So chances are good for those girls.

Other countries who've already qualified teams can send gymnasts, but their scores don't count for anything and their places don't count when determining who qualifies.

Oh cool. I really wanted to see how Houry Gebeshian does but I couldn't figure out how.

I think she made it... I saw some reference on a twitter, although there's another subdivision going on so who knows? It does look like Romania won't field a team as they finished 7th...

Anyone know why Marissa Dick replaced Thema from Trinidad and Tobago? Last I heard, Thema was in Rio for the test event and then Dick competed....would be rough to think she's been in the USA training for the past few years all for naught..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back