Testing Day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Woo-hoo! She did her skill on bars, and the coach saw it! That was a good B-Day gift!

Let us know what DD decides! Sounds like she is pretty advnaced for L7, so if she competes at that level until she makes her L8 skill, she'll probably kick some bootie, which might be good for her confidence in the meantime (instead of trying/waiting to be a L8 & feeling behind)...but it depends on the kid and how they view things.

I think it is saying something that the coach gave her so many options. Sounds like he is realy pulling for her, that's awesome!

How many years has she done L7 already? I'm assuming one, correct?

Good luck, and glad it went well! :)

That is so wonderful that she...wait. did you say she is Level 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO FAIR!!!! Why oh why do all these little tiny 13 year olds have to be at my Level or better than me! Embarrssing.....:eek::eek:! glad she had a good testing day! :D Although I still begrudge that she is younger than me....:mad: ;)

Well I think she will get that darn pirouette down before the first competition so it won't be an issue, but if not I would probably have her compete 7 and then switch to 8 as soon as she is ready. That way she is in the whole competition mode already. Congratulations to her on doing so well during her skills testing :)

She has already done 2 years of Level 7 so she feels ready.

I passed on all your well wishes to her. Thank you everyone for helping her see the positive in all this!

I think we are going to do L7 until she gets the skill. The only problem is that she doesnt get a lot of time to work the skills. She didnt get a chance to do Any Tsuk's or Pirouettes today. She is a little frustrated...

Oh well.. so is life...

She has already done 2 years of Level 7 so she feels ready.

I passed on all your well wishes to her. Thank you everyone for helping her see the positive in all this!

I think we are going to do L7 until she gets the skill. The only problem is that she doesnt get a lot of time to work the skills. She didnt get a chance to do Any Tsuk's or Pirouettes today. She is a little frustrated...

Oh well.. so is life...
So, by staying L7 she won't get to 'train up' and get that necessary skill? If that's true, then maybe going L8 and waiting to compete until she gets the skill might be a good idea after all....

1st congrats to Beetle on going back into the gym and showing the coach she could do the pirouette AND for passing all her other skills.

Might want to clarify with the coach that if she chooses to stay L7 until she gets the pirouette(which I agree could certainly be before her 1st meet), that she will get some time during the week to work on the tsuk and bars. Is it possible to split her practice time---say 1/2 week practice with the L7s and the other 1/2 practice with the L8s with the understanding that she is with the L8s to work on skills and is not yet "official."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back