Testing Day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know most posts on the Good Luck Forum are reserved for Meet notifications. But I have a different sort of need for luck!

DD is doing testing on Thursday for her L8 Skills. Can you send her good vibes?

On Beam she has her skills - her B's are: Flight and a switch leap.

Floor she has a full, a double salto and a fronthand, front lay.

For Vault, She has a decent Tsuk (needs more work but can flip it on her own)

Giants on Bars? Not a problem, has had them for 2 years. But Our gym is requiring the Pioruette this year for L8's. That is where the Bar fairy is needed. She hasnt done any in a few weeks (or more!)..

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Tell Beetle that I have everything crossed for her. I have organised for that pesky bar fairy to spend a few days down your way too, we kind of need it, but I think Beetle will make better use of her!;)

Bog

Oh and I forgot to mention, Thursday.. testing day... is Beetle's 13th Birthday!

All she wants for her birthday is a pioruette! Can I buy one somewhere?

Maybe EBay???:p

Aw good luck. Hopefully the birthday fairy will bring her that piroutte!

Good luck to her, and many Happy B-Day wishes to her as well. That pirouette will make a nice present, hope she succeeds in all she sets out to do that day!

:goodvibes: :bouquet: :)

Hi,
Good luck to her- sound slike she is on her way!

The pirouette is a USAG Level 8 requirement, not a gym requirement. One of their special requirements is a 1/2 pirouette or a flight element- shoot over, toe up, straddle back. The 1/2 pirouette is a skill she can build on in Level 9 and 10- I require mY L8's to have one too, even if they ahve a flight element too.

Sending lots of good luck vibes you're way. I'm sure she will do great - let us know how it goes :)

Oh - and happy birthday to her as well - a pirouette for a b-day present sounds like a good plan :D

Kristi and Beetle,
Best wishes from both of us here. ;)I know you can do it and so does monkey girl!!:thumbsup: It is hard when cocahes put pressure on just having one specifc skill when at Level 8 you can do a realease move or a piourette. :grouphug: I know a few level 8 who can't do a piourette but do beautiflu release moves. Best of luck to you I know it will go well.

Nothing but positive thoughts for Beetle for her skills test and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope this is lucky 13!!! May the bar fairy sit on her shoulder all day tomorrow.

We know what you're going through. My gymmie has final skills tests next week. They do 2 events/day, so it will be on Friday/Sat.

:D:D:bars::thumbsup::wizard:tell her good luck and happy bday!!! hope she does well! just tell her to do her best!:D
hope she does well on bars and makes it!!!

Kristilyn, tell us as soon as you are able, how your DD did today w/ her L8 testing!! :huge:

Well, we are back from testing and a great birthday dinner!

The Results are:

Passed Beam and Floor with flying colors.

She landed 2 tsuk's without a spot! She needed spot on one.

Her giants were great. and........ she did 1 Pirouette. WOO HOO... BUT... he wanted to see 3..

HC came up to me after practice and said

"Beetle has 3 options. She is the only one in the gym with this situation!"

She can:

1. Stay in L7 for the year.
2. Go to L8 but be non competitive until she gets her skill.
3. Compete as a L7 but if she gets the skill during the year, she can move up.

I asked him, what do YOU think. He said, Well - we had time after testing and she gripped back up and went out back to bars - that is actually when she did the Pirouette. So, lets wait and see for a couple weeks.. She has the desire and the fire in her eyes for the skill.

So what does that mean? I am not sure! LOL :eek:

Well it sounds like she did a great job!! I wish her best of luck with those pirouettes. I'm sure she'll get them if she works hard. I kind of like option 3 the best. But thats just my opinion...it should be her decision.

It sounds as though the coach knows she can do it and it laying out every possibility for Beetle. I like that he didn't just say L7 for her and have a good evening!:D

What does Beetle think?

By the way it sounds like she did a great job tonight, those are some serious upgrades from L7, she should be incredibly proud of her acheivment, no matter what she chooses.

Bog

Awesome job Beetle! What does she think about it? Does she want to move up or stay in level 7?

My personal opinion is to stay in Level 7 until she gets that skill and then move up when she gets it.

Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back