Testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

See...what I need is all of you in the room behind me, chanting, "Call! Call! Call!" Then maybe I'd pick up the phone LOL

Faolmor? What are you doing here? Have you called yet? No?

Get off ChalkBucket and... what did Kiwi say?

CALL!!!!! CALL!!!! CALL!!!!!!

lol You all know I haven't called...

I can understand your reluctance to call, I went through something similar, thanks to the encouragement on here I finally summed up the courage to talk to the head coach, I was shaking and very nervous, I didn't need to be as talking to him was fine and he was really nice and said if I needed anymore information just ask. I think my problem was reading threads on this site and coming across the term GCM, it put me off asking as I didn't want to appear as one.

Please do call, it won't be as bad as you think.

She starts back on Monday anyway, so maybe I'll just pluck up the courage while she's in class and ask at Reception!

Reactions: COz
Do it for dd! My mom kept thinking about putting me in gymnastics when I was little but didn't end up doing it. Later on (when I was about12) I had to beg her to put me in gymnastics. She said I was to old, but I taught myself a few things and finally she signed me up. When I went into the gym to see what level I was, I got put onto training team until competition season was over and immediately got asked to join team. I ended up being a pretty good gymnast for only having been in it for 6 and a half years. There was a time though that I was mad at my mom for not putting me in it sooner. I probably could have been a good college gymnast at the least if I would have gotten into it earlier.

So after all my rambling, my point is do it for her. At least you can say you tried

Yay! They're not scary monsters. Talk to them like a sensible rational human and I imagine they will respond in the same way.

DD had her first day back in her new rec level today. She looked tiny - she's 4.5 in a class with 5-6 year olds, and she held her own pretty well (says me, biased mother than I am lol)... The class is called "Fungym" and she declared it her funnest class ever, so I guess it lived up to its name! (She bounced her way through the class, despite having just come from a horse-riding lesson which had finished only 30 minutes earlier...her brainless mother accidentally double-booked her...doh!)

I did ask at the reception desk about the development program while I was there, because the girls were training at the same time - and from what I saw, they weren't doing anything my DD can't already do, or wouldn't be willing to try. The reception lady did say they usually wait until they're 5 before they're invited, because starting kindy etc can be too much when adding a new training program as well. But then she remembered that we homeschool anyway, and said the coach was planning to call me tomorrow. So who knows?! It might be that they just don't take them until they're 5...which on one hand, I do understand...but on the other, I think is a little unfair for those kids who actually would cope with it, and who really do want to do it.

All will be revealed tomorrow! Glad she liked the class. Looking forward to hearing what the coach says.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back