TGC Parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi. I am a parent to two gymnasts. My son is an 11-year-old level 5. He is working towards his second year as a level 5. He did not score high enough to go to regionals last year and wants to score higher this year. My daughter is a 7-year-old level 4. This is her second year competing level 4. She placed 3rd at state last year. She also has all her level 5 skills. However, she was injured in June. She hit the springboard wrong and her ankle rolled. Her growth plate pulled away from the bone. Her orthopedist put her into a boot for one month. While in the boot, the coaches made level decisions for the team. Because of uncertainty about how she would recover, she was put back to level 4.

Welcome to the CB!! You'll find parents/coaches and gymnasts both from the male and female side to chat with. How is your daughter's ankle---is she back to full strength?

I have a 11 yo daughter who will definitely compete L7--possible for L8. Meets for them don't start til Jan.

I wish our meets didn't start until january! We start in November and my daughter just started level 4. She is having trouble with her front hip circle. She is 6 years old.

Thank you for your warm welcome and concern. My daughter's ankle is fine now. Her orthopedist was pleased with how she healed and said he did not expect to see her again. She has been back to full practice for two weeks. Her first meet will be this weekend. She has relearned her level four skills and routines. She also has regained her level five skills.

Welcome to the group:)
I have a second year level 4 too who has her kip and tons of other level 5 skills except cartwheel on beam because they didn't work it all summer, grrrr, another story but she didn't score high enough to move to level 5... 33.85 in the all around was her highest score last year. However this year I think she is going to do awesome... My daughter just celebrated her 8th birthday in mid-august so she will compete in the 8 year old category this year which seems to have so many more gymnasts in it than the 6-7 year old group so lots more competition.

Welcome to the group:)
I have a second year level 4 too who has her kip and tons of other level 5 skills except cartwheel on beam because they didn't work it all summer, grrrr, another story but she didn't score high enough to move to level 5... 33.85 in the all around was her highest score last year. However this year I think she is going to do awesome... My daughter just celebrated her 8th birthday in mid-august so she will compete in the 8 year old category this year which seems to have so many more gymnasts in it than the 6-7 year old group so lots more competition.

Wow! It seems like the cartwheel was the easy skill to get and the kip took a lot more time. It sounds like she will have no trouble moving up next year. I am sure your daughter will have a great season. We are feeling a bit better about dd doing a second year of level 4. She just completed her first meet and was 1st AA. She placed at third at EVERY meet last year, so she was excited about being 1st.

I wish our meets didn't start until january! We start in November and my daughter just started level 4. She is having trouble with her front hip circle. She is 6 years old.

I hate to say it, but I have 8 Level 4's who still don't have their front hip circles. Up until the last two years, I've never had a problem with kids getting these, now they are having an extremly hard time. I have a second year level 4 who still doesn't have it.

Don't worry, hang in there. Your daughter will get it with time. She is just 6 years old, just let her know that she is out there to have fun, and everything else will just fall into place.

Best of Luck.

Hi, and welcome to the community. I also have two children competing in gymnastics at level 5. I have found some helpful advice here but I haven't been much of a talker:eek:. Hope your kids do well this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back