DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
I have added a "Thank You" button to the site. If you see a post that you like, hit the "thank you" button.

It will also add to that users reputation (the little green squares on the right side of a post.

Hey, JBS,

What is the difference between "Thanks" and "Thanked x times in x posts"?

Shawn

Hey, JBS,

What is the difference between "Thanks" and "Thanked x times in x posts"?

Shawn

"Thanks" is the amount of time you have thanked people.

"Thanked x times in x posts" is the amount of time that people have thanked you.

I may remove the "Thanks" line, it seems a bit cluttered. What does everyone else think?

Thanks for the explanation. And I agree. The "thanks" line does seem unnecessary.

Is this feature being overused a bit?

It seems that to get your thank score to go up, all you need to do is to reply to a message which says "my dd had a great meet / got a new skill etc" and say "well done to your dd" to get thanked!!!

The wording actually says "the following user says thank you for this useful post". The number of times that people have been thanked is now not really an indication of how often people have found their opinions useful.

What do others think?

I see the potential for overuse point, but I think it's all good. Trying to define usefulness deserving of thanks for a whole community of online users from around the world is a lot to expect. Between parents, coaches, and gymnasts there are varying levels of technical knowledge, so only thanking the most educated would be exclusive to the point of alienating others. Only being able to thank answers to questions leaves out thanks for insight or a new perspective, or for someone just looking for encouragement.

Personally I use the thank option more often to see what other people are thinking. If I see a bunch of multi-colored names beneath a post I take it as a sign I need to read the post. The thanks beneath a DD accomplishment thread post is warranted I think. We all love to brag about our kids, and gymnastics is a hugely demanding sport on kids and the wallet! When someone has a reason to share, the thanks keeps the happy train going on for awhile longer, and a positive train of thought is something to be thankful for!

Last edited:
I have noticed a few introduction threads lately where a completely different member has gone and thanked everyone, it looked a bit odd. I don't really mind the feature, it's just another gimmick like the reputation boxes, the little green boxes as you get more reputation yours say different things? Weird but true.

I have noticed a few introduction threads lately where a completely different member has gone and thanked everyone, it looked a bit odd. I don't really mind the feature, it's just another gimmick like the reputation boxes, the little green boxes as you get more reputation yours say different things? Weird but true.

Now that I just checked that out - yours really is so appropriate Bog :D

I have to say that I have wondered about these squares and why people were being "thanked" all the time...*clueless*:rolleyes:

Its all relative. Parents tend to thank each other a lot more then gymnasts. So comparing how many thanks I have to how many parents have won't work. But comparing how many I have to another gymnast's might. As far as reputation, mine is not based on thanks or green squares. Its based on being one of the only teenage guy gymnasts on this board...and plenty of girl gymnasts willing to give me all the attention I need ;).

Its all relative. Parents tend to thank each other a lot more then gymnasts. So comparing how many thanks I have to how many parents have won't work. But comparing how many I have to another gymnast's might. As far as reputation, mine is not based on thanks or green squares. Its based on being one of the only teenage guy gymnasts on this board...and plenty of girl gymnasts willing to give me all the attention I need ;).

ah!! u're SO bad!!!!!!!!:D

ah!! u're SO bad!!!!!!!!:D

Haha! There is an element of truth to it tho. But....I'm on here to talk about gymnastics and not other stuff, so if a girl PMs me and begs for me to talk to her only about "other stuff" and not gym, then i'm not interested. (and yes, its happened before!)

I've seen the thankyou button and I think its a great idea. In other forums I have to post on my topic "thankyou" to individual users. Here on Chalkbucket I make note to thank the topics that inform me of something I did not know, or when someone answers my question.

Haha! There is an element of truth to it tho. But....I'm on here to talk about gymnastics and not other stuff, so if a girl PMs me and begs for me to talk to her only about "other stuff" and not gym, then i'm not interested. (and yes, its happened before!)

lol THats sooo funny. Do girls really ?

I noticed today that when I try to thank someone, I click the button and it goes away, but the thank you note that would usually appear below does not show up, so I am not sure if it is going through. I don't want to keep doing it, just in case it is going through!!

I noticed today that when I try to thank someone, I click the button and it goes away, but the thank you note that would usually appear below does not show up, so I am not sure if it is going through. I don't want to keep doing it, just in case it is going through!!
Yeah I noticed that too. I was like "what???" hmm...

No WAY! :eek: That's freaky!!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back