Parents Thank You ChalkBucket Family

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

[QUO, member: 10660"]Thanks for posting this! It makes me feel better. Even though our gym payment is the same as our house payment, we are only paying $4.50 and $5.90 an hour for two.

we pay the 6.95 per kiddo we have two on the same team.. :( I feel your pain.

I always argue gym is a great value. Of course I only have skating to compare it to....

gymnastics - $4.50/hour - with instruction

skating - $43.00/hour - with instruction;
$16.00/hour - without instruction

imo, That perspective makes gymnastics look practically free...

you left out the cost of skates and blades compared to grips and leos. lol. :)

you left out the cost of skates and blades compared to grips and leos. lol. :)
Yup...boots every year, blades every couple. Just bought a set of boots and blades 6 weeks ago, and I "cheaped" out at $600.oo. It kills me too...because I know she's starting to fizzle out...

Somebody check my math...I'm hoping the answer I get is way off...

DD trains 16hrs a week and our monthly tuition is $359.

^^^^ and >>>>
I bet parents of ice skaters and equestrians would be very envious of these numbers.

Yup. DD1 (gymmie) costs me $4.00/hr, or around $8 if you include all the extra expenses. This is for 23 hours a week.

DD2? She does one riding lesson a week at $30/half hour. This summer she is planning to half-lease a horse, and will go 4 times a week, a total of 2 hours. It will cost me close to double the monthly gym rate, for a 10th of the time. It is very sad for me, because even though she is talented, she will never, ever reach the level of success that my gymmie has reached because I simply can't afford it for her sport. It breaks my heart.

Maybe I should play lotto more often!!

My older daughter rides horses too, and it's $40/half hour! She wants to go twice a week but we just can't afford it!

Makes me very grateful that my mother boards horses and DD can ride for free. Of course, she only rides for pleasure and doesn't require any instruction other than the basics that my mom can give her.

We do have some families that also have competitive riders and they tend to be "well off". So maybe that's what you all need to do....become rich. :D (I'm helpful, aren't I...LOL)

I bet you forgot to multiply the 16 hours a week by 4 weeks in the month :)

*whispers* technically there are more than 4 weeks in a month. 52 weeks / 12 months = 4.33 weeks per month.

Somebody check my math...I'm hoping the answer I get is way off...
DD trains 16hrs a week and our monthly tuition is $359.

$359 x 12 months = $4308 annually
$4308 / 52 weeks in a year = $82.85 per week
$82.85 / 16 hours = $5.18 per hour

I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years, I'm going to have to go back to work just to pay for 3 girls in crazy expensive activities! :)
I'm right there with you. I'm thinking about doing some substitute teaching at my kids schools next school year. I already volunteer and enjoy working with the kids so why not if it might help cover the gym bill! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back