Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thank you, deleting post, but not for a bad reason

L10 mom

Proud Parent
Apr 25, 2018
Country
USA
Just wanted to tell you I'm deleting my post about my daughter retiring. It's nothing against anyone and I have appreciated the advice. I just don't want to take the chance of anyone recognizing me. The gymnastics world is small, after all.

GymDadWA

Proud Parent
Dec 30, 2017
Country
USA
For what it's worth 20 years ago I went through something similar with my mom (not gymnastics, but another sport), and everything worked out just fine, and in a short enough time my DD will make a life decision that I'm sure that DW and I will second guess, but as a parent you have to let them find their own way. You just have to trust that you have prepared them enough to make good choices for themselves. I feel like the rigorous and challenge of gymnastics is one of the tools that they will use for life even if it isn't directly for gymnastics.

On a side note, I had to step away from my sport for a few years before I wanted anything to do with it again, but eventually I ended up volunteer coaching it.

GAgymmom

Proud Parent
Judge
Oct 25, 2010
Country
USA
Just wanted to tell you I'm deleting my post about my daughter retiring. It's nothing against anyone and I have appreciated the advice. I just don't want to take the chance of anyone recognizing me. The gymnastics world is small, after all.
I understand. And I'm with you L10 mom, you're not alone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
coachp Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) 27
MILgymFAM Parent Forum 7
G Parent Forum 20