Parents Thank you, deleting post, but not for a bad reason

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For what it's worth 20 years ago I went through something similar with my mom (not gymnastics, but another sport), and everything worked out just fine, and in a short enough time my DD will make a life decision that I'm sure that DW and I will second guess, but as a parent you have to let them find their own way. You just have to trust that you have prepared them enough to make good choices for themselves. I feel like the rigorous and challenge of gymnastics is one of the tools that they will use for life even if it isn't directly for gymnastics.

On a side note, I had to step away from my sport for a few years before I wanted anything to do with it again, but eventually I ended up volunteer coaching it.

Just wanted to tell you I'm deleting my post about my daughter retiring. It's nothing against anyone and I have appreciated the advice. I just don't want to take the chance of anyone recognizing me. The gymnastics world is small, after all.
I understand. And I'm with you L10 mom, you're not alone.

For what it's worth 20 years ago I went through something similar with my mom (not gymnastics, but another sport), and everything worked out just fine, and in a short enough time my DD will make a life decision that I'm sure that DW and I will second guess, but as a parent you have to let them find their own way. You just have to trust that you have prepared them enough to make good choices for themselves. I feel like the rigorous and challenge of gymnastics is one of the tools that they will use for life even if it isn't directly for gymnastics.

On a side note, I had to step away from my sport for a few years before I wanted anything to do with it again, but eventually I ended up volunteer coaching it.
Thank you so much! Very encouraging.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back