WAG Thank you gift for out of state coach/gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Can anyone give me a suggestion for a gift to a gym/coach my daughter practiced over the Christmas season? The owners let my daughter practice with his team for as many days as she wanted at no charge! It was such a surprise! My daughter ended up practicing for 4 days between 2-5 hours each day. The gym was owned by a husband and wife. There were no nearby restaurants I could have gotten a gift card. I truly want to thank them for their generosity. Any suggestions?

Maybe a Visa giftcard? I love those dinner and a movie combo gift cards but if there was nothing around a Visa gift card might work.

I agree with a gift card but you could also send a big bucket of popcorn from the Popcorn Factory to share in the office.

A gift basket would be great. Maybe you could send something unique to where you are from? Either a local company or just create your own gift basket with local favorites?

I agree with local stuff from your area. Are there local restaurants that sell their sauces? Markets that sell honey? Etc. More personal than a Visa gift card!

I caution people giving Visa gift cards. I recently had a very bad experience with a Visa gift card being declined even after I confirmed the amount remaining on the card. And yes, I know the cashier needs to enter the amount left on the card when entering the transaction. I will stay away from these type of gifts indefinitely.

I think just showing your appreciation is a wonderful thing. During Holidays and summers I get quite a few girls from other gyms that are visiting, and I never charge as I feel it is a professional courtesy to my fellow gym owners. Most parents are very thankful, however, I am sometimes bothered by a few that when they leave just give you a casual 'thanks' and that's it. So for me, anything at all showing your appreciation would be very welcomed. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back