Parents Thankful

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Today I am thankful that DD has made the choice to compete Xcel diamond rather than chase L8.

While everyone is confident that she will make her score out of L7, being ready to score decently in L8 (by our standards, simply qualifying for states/regionals) is a whole other ballgame. She’s only trained about 35 hours total in the past 3 months and making a jump from L6 to L8 on that schedule was adding a layer of stress that her senior year just doesn’t need.

Going to her semester school was important to her, and sometimes life’s adventures require a bit of sacrifice. I’m just glad she’s chosen the path that will allow her the most fun and happiness before she goes off to college (where she has every plan to continue with club and maybe coaching).

She’s applied to coach at her gym twice and no bites, despite their need for coaches. She’s helped to coach at two of her former gyms and loved it. The owner of her current gym (not one of her coaches at all- he coaches a different sport entirely) doesn’t like her, so I’m sure that hasn’t helped. Not one to be easily dissuaded, she’s asked her coach again to reconsider her application once she gets home at Christmas.

It sounds to me as if your daughter could be an excellent coach. She is certainly a fighter and so often there are kids in gymnastics who needs a coach that understands that all kids are different and that all gymnastics journeys are different. Best of luck to her in her College journey as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back