Thanks for your suggestions-first video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nice job! She is beautiful! I am very thankful though that my daughter wants nothing to do with cheer. The make-up and looking older is just too much for me. LOL.

Nice job! She is beautiful! I am very thankful though that my daughter wants nothing to do with cheer. The make-up and looking older is just too much for me. LOL.

Thank you! I don't mind the makeup, it's only for 2 mins 30 seconds two times a month..lol To me it gets the girls use to make up so it's not so "taboo" and makes them not care about wearing it. Cheer is extremely fun and well worth the trouble and I am going to miss it more than she is. Just as everyone has said, you have to find the right place so that you can be happy.:)

I definitely think we all have to choose what we are comfortable with. I just personally think cheer has gone too far on the skimpy outfits and make-up on little girls. I have the same issues with beauty pagents, etc. We all make our choices though. I happen to love cheer, but do not like where it has gone, especially for young girls. I wouldn't mind my daughter doing it if it was on a squad that had modest uniforms and sparse makeup. I really enjoy watching cheer competitions at the high school and college level.

I definitely think we all have to choose what we are comfortable with. I just personally think cheer has gone too far on the skimpy outfits and make-up on little girls. I have the same issues with beauty pagents, etc. We all make our choices though. I happen to love cheer, but do not like where it has gone, especially for young girls. I wouldn't mind my daughter doing it if it was on a squad that had modest uniforms and sparse makeup. I really enjoy watching cheer competitions at the high school and college level.

I totally see your point. We saw some really crazy dances for girls between 6-9 this past season, way to overly sexed for my taste. We were lucky to have great uniforms showing class and a little skin!! My goodness my daughter shows more in her leo daily than in her uniform! However, it's all in the way the team presents itself and that makes the difference!

Your DD is beautiful! Love your 1st vid! Now you've inspired me...I really have to learn how to do it! Maybe now that our schedules have eased up, I'll find some time to play around with some of my shaky videos:eek:.

Your DD is beautiful! Love your 1st vid! Now you've inspired me...I really have to learn how to do it! Maybe now that our schedules have eased up, I'll find some time to play around with some of my shaky videos:eek:.

So sweet, thank you. It takes longer to upload the stupid pictures than anything else. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back