Parents Thanks...Off to gym camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym law mom

Proud Parent
Well, my gymmie and about 14 teammates, 3 coaches and 2 moms headed off to Lake Owen this morning. We had been assured by the camp, they were not at all affected by flooding. Doubt they'll be able to do much in the lake since the water is still pretty cold, but overall this coming week is supposed to be nice.

Wanted to thank all who posted with tips etc. for a child going off to camp:) We did get her a pre-paid calling card and a poncho to wear if needed. She has been packed since Monday!!! I guess you could say she's rather excited. Made sure she had leos, grips, undies in her carryon, so I think she was set.

Boy, its going to be quiet around here for a week!!!

My dd has 1 teamate there now and the rest of us be heading there next Sun. Last yr we did week 5 in July and I'm sure it wont be as warm as it was last yr. Hopefully the weather is good for your group.

My DD's Team normally goes Week 3. They still do lots of swimming and other water fun!

This year we are going Week 9. It should be an interesting change. She cant wait..

Although, She is upset because she will miss the opening ceremonies of the Olympics!!!

Is anyone else going Week 9?

Hope she has a great time at camp - and I hope you don't miss her too much :) Mine is going to a camp at the end of July and it will be her first time away - I think I'm going to have a harder time with it than her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back