The Best At Home Practice Equipment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym.mom.of.5

I am looking to buy my kids some gymnastics equipment for at home use, such as bars, beams, & back handspring trainers. Are there an specific companys, or websites that offer great deals on terrific equipment?:D

Hello and welcome!! The only home equipment I have at home is a low beam and a mat. I try to steer away from the bars and BHS trainers--I let the experts at the gym train my dd on that. Too many injuries and accidents can happen at home (even without equipment) so that is why we just have the minimal stuff. I got my beam online at the beamstore.com (I think). There are many distributors online so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a beam.

Good luck!!

All my gymmie has at home is a practice beam(sits about 3" off the floor) that we got for her when she was on pre-team and she's now L8. At home practice of acro skills and bars can be dangerous. Also after a little while if your kids are in a team program, they're in the gym so much, they don't want to do anything at home or their skills have outgrown the equipment you have and it ends up gathering dust.

If they want to do some practice at home, doing handstands, splits and some basic conditioning are all good and fairly safe.

Hope This Helps!

My daughter was a L3 & wanted to become serious about gymnastics. She asked for an at home gym, or some practice equipment. I was leery. I called around and got some advice as to what she would need, and what would be safest. I ended up deciding to buy her a bar to practice her Kips on & a beam. I ordered online at NORBERTS ATHLETIC PRODUCTS!, Gymnastics Mats, Cheer Mats, Martial Arts Mats, Stunt Mats and MORE!.

I found their products to be better then what she was training on at her gym! The bar was so sturdy & i believe it helped her tremendously in her training. The prices were so low, and she was very satisfied. She is now on a team, & can no longer use the bar, but i passed it on to a family friend who loves it.

Hope that helps. Goodluck!

We have a floor beam we got on ebay. My L4 practices leaps, turns and jumps. It has helped us a lot. I would say bars are bad because they aren't secured into the floor and shake a lot and could alter some skills and develop bad habits.

We have a floor beam we got on ebay. My L4 practices leaps, turns and jumps. It has helped us a lot. I would say bars are bad because they aren't secured into the floor and shake a lot and could alter some skills and develop bad habits.

Please do not drag up old threads, it gets way too confusing. If you see a warning at the top it is because we would like the thread left alone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back