WAG The drama of the clear hip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Personal videos have to be online somewhere so you can paste the url... I post mine UNLISTED on you tube when i want to post on here. By leaving them unlisted, people can't look them up and have to have the url to view them.

Ohhh, thank you. I was debating posting her bars video but gave up when I had no idea how to navigate. Much appreciated. To note for the future.

Another option, if you don't want to use YouTube, is Vimeo. You can set privacy on the videos you upload (password protect, or by invitation only). Then you imbed the link in your post here.

I generally agree on drilling clear hips to death, keeping perfect shape, getting higher and higher, but they also have one of the strongest timing/clicking/figuring it out functions. If after 2yrs there doesn’t seem to be progress, I wonder if another way to explain the timing would help. If there is a way for her visualize it as a back extension roll with the same pop open, shooting toes in same direction she would to get a handstand out of a back extension roll, it might just click. Have her watch videos of the clear hip and see how it is a backward roll around the bar, and popping open, shooting toes, opening shoulders, whatever phrase she uses to get her back extension roll from a backward roll to push-up, into a handstand. Her body can do it, she just needs her brain to connect the pieces.

I generally agree on drilling clear hips to death, keeping perfect shape, getting higher and higher, but they also have one of the strongest timing/clicking/figuring it out functions. If after 2yrs there doesn’t seem to be progress, I wonder if another way to explain the timing would help. If there is a way for her visualize it as a back extension roll with the same pop open, shooting toes in same direction she would to get a handstand out of a back extension roll, it might just click. Have her watch videos of the clear hip and see how it is a backward roll around the bar, and popping open, shooting toes, opening shoulders, whatever phrase she uses to get her back extension roll from a backward roll to push-up, into a handstand. Her body can do it, she just needs her brain to connect the pieces.

Really great guidance. I'll share that with her. Thank you.

My daughter has the same issue with the clear hip. She’s a level 7 and has been doing it since level 5 but it really hasn’t gotten much higher. Bars is a strength of hers and she typically scores very well but I know she’s losing points because of this darn skill! Her coach has been having her practice toe ons and she’s actually gotten that skill once or twice by herself. Maybe she’ll go that route if she can get it better and consistent. Good luck to your daughter! Hopefully the clear hip to handstand fairy will make an appearance soon for them both!

Spot it on shoulder and belly . No hips or legs

This is why when asked why spend time at L5. This is why

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back