The floor music reccomendation thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
EDIT: THIS THREAD IS EXEMPT FROM "OLD THREAD" RULES: FEEL FREE TO BUMP IT WHENEVER YOU SEE FIT

We seem to get a lot of threads about floor music, and I know coaches, parents, and gymnasts are constantly searching for good routine music, so I thought it would be good to have a permanent topic with a list of good floor music sources. Post your own reccomendations, and I'll add them to this post when I get around to it.

Recomended Sites:

Overclocked Remix
This is a big collection of remixes of videogame tunes. Some work great as routine music, some don't. A few artists on OCR whose stuff I've found tends to work particularly well for routines: Zircon, Sole Signal, Big Giant Circles, Sixto Sounds, and Steffan Andrews. All music on OCR is FREE, and most of it has no vocals.
Only drawback is that you'll have to edit it to the correct length yourself (or get somebody to do it for you)

http://gymnet.org/mp3.htm
A French gymnastics web site with pre-cut FREE floor music. Varying in lengths. You can listen and download the whole piece for free.
Some great movie themes and little kid music. Also a ton of Irish music by the lord of the dance composer.

Musical Designs
This site has a bunch of edited, vocal-less versions of popular routine songs. You can download watermarked demos for free, though you have to pay for the song to get the watermark taken out.

http://www.eye-care-pro.com/vloermuziek-nummer.htm
European site with many MP3 cuts. Named by the gymnast who used the piece.

Tunastics Music
You can email music@tunastics.com if you want a Demo CD, or you can get actual demos through email. Also offers custom cuts of existing songs and custom originals based on your needs.

Energym Music
Another site dealing in music arranged specifically for use as floor routine music. This site has popular songs rearranged for use as routine music as well as original songs composed specifically for this purpose. From the few demos I've listened to, this is some top-notch stuff.

GymMagic Performance Music
A brand new company dealing in custom routine music. You can order a free demo CD. I haven't heard any of their stuff myself yet, but I'll update this entry as soon as I get a chance to hear their stuff.

http://www.karaoke-version.com/
This a site dedicated to Karaoke (ie no lead vocals) versions of popular tracks. Quality is sort of hit-and-miss, and some tracks have backing vocals still present, but if you're looking for a specific song, this site is probably worth checking out.

Floor Express
Floor music in a number of different styles.

Jumptwist Music
Another site offering custom-written floor music, as well as pre-written tracks. I've heard good things about these guys.

DJRLProductions
Not a site, per se, but DJRL's youtube channel with samples of what he has available.

If you know of other good sites, post about them here, and I'll add them to this list when I get a chance.

Last edited:
http://gymnet.org/mp3.htm

A French gymnastics web site with pre-cut FREE floor music. Varying in lengths. You can listen and download the whole piece for free.

Some great movie themes and little kid music. Also a ton of Irish music by the lord of the dance composer.

Tunes are heavily used in Quebec, but I never hear them on youtube.

My site is not up yet, but if you want some samples sent to you contact me at (email removed).

I too can custom cut and take requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
My site is not up yet, but if you want some samples sent to you contact me at (email removed).

I too can custom cut and take requests.

Let me know when you finish your site and I'll add it to the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking for some time for Ivana Hongs floor music.. I have posted this question on many web sites.. Anyone have this cut of music ..Know the nameof it or where I can purchase it

Thanks
Coach Diane

Can't access the gymnet music?!?

Hello, this is my first post to the Chalk Bucket. :) I tried to listen to the gymnet site a few weeks ago and had no problem. Today I went to download some songs and it says that I am unauthorized to view this site. I hope that someone can help me!!!

Hello, this is my first post to the Chalk Bucket. :) I tried to listen to the gymnet site a few weeks ago and had no problem. Today I went to download some songs and it says that I am unauthorized to view this site. I hope that someone can help me!!!

I just checked and nothing has changed. Perhaps it is your browser, Firefox will not let me download the music. Are you looking for a specific piece?

Still not working??

I closed firefox and used IE. I got the same messages.

At the top of the column where all the songs are listed, this is written:

"Telecharger:clic droit sur l'icône puis
"enregistrer la cible sous"
pour enregistrer la musique

Then, when I click on the music notes, a white screen comes up and says "Forbidden, you are not allowed to access this page"

Is this a safety feature of my computer maybe???

Thanks for any help that you can offer!!

Okay, so instead of left clicking with your mouse, try right clicking and then "save target as", it will download to where ever you choose. It is just that the site doesn't have the bandwidth to allow you to just listen to the music. Stick with IE though, Firefox often will not allow the downloads.

I tried again

I'm done for tonight....it just doesn't seem to be working for me tonight:confused: I will try again another time...it's time for bed!!!

Still not working??

OK, this is very frustrating....I've tried right clicking...I get the message "Forbidden"

I tried to save as, then it looks like it will transfer, but then a pop up comes up and says that Internet Explorer is cannot connect to this site at this time, try again later.

I have tried on 2 different computers with the same result:eek:

Any other suggestions???:confused:

What song do you want, I might have it on my PC already, it seems to be a problem with the site. They may have had copyright issues like many of the other floor music sites.

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks for your attempts!

I was actually going to copy some of the disney movie songs. DD's coach is looking for some music for some younger girls.

Yeah!!!

I decided to give the French website another try today and it worked!! I didn't do anything different, but I am just happy! Thanks so much!

I have a question about floor music. If one has the software that can remove the vocal track and cut and piece for length, can you use any song? Or are there copyright issues?

Anybody know if/where I could find non-vocal versions of the music from Westside Story?

interesting music site

I found a new site that has lots of potential floor music on it. Vitaminrecords.com. the Vitamin String Quartet plays instrumental music of popular groups, and lots of rock groups. We are currently looking at a Janet Jackson song as a potential routine. They also have piano, industrial, techno and other renditions of current groups. They just sell CD's and don't have all of them as a clip you can listen to. So we then went to Napster and they have almost all of them on there that you can buy only the song you want. All the songs are lengthy, but with the computer it is easy to cut them down.

My husband has a program on his computer where he can cut and edit the songs to the correct length. It is called Wavepad and he downloaded it from a site on the internet. It works great and he has done probably 1/2 the girls on team's music with it. It will not take the vocals out. But with songs with vocals, alot of times there is enough at the beginning and end without that can be spliced together to get a routine of more than a minute.

Another possibility, from the days before computers had enough power to handle .mp3s, is .midi files - some of them have enough instruments in them to sound decent enough that they could work as floor music, and none of them have vocals. There's a lot of bad ones out there, and they're hard to find these days, but 10 years ago it was a perfectly reasonable way to listen to music on your old 486 without popping a CD in. Usually can be found abandoned on old Geocities sites and such, and I think as few as five years ago I had a phone that used them straight up as ringtones, if you sift through enough trash, you might find something decent for free.

ETA: Yes, they can be converted to .mp3

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back