Parents The Kip Fairy paid us a visit!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

The kip fairy finally paid dd a visit on Thursday. :wizard: The team mom that takes her home after practice left a message on my cell to call her and she had some exciting news. I called and my dd got on the phone and sweetly said "mommy, I got my kip today.....twice!" I was so proud of her. Now, I'm sure it wasn't pretty but others told me she did get up! Thanks for letting me share! :veryhappy:

Congratulations to your DD! That is huge!!! Tell her GREAT JOB!!!

Now please, send the kip fairy to Georgia. My DD is desperate to get hers. She's been trying for months and just spent all day on Saturday (again) trying to do it. She can do it with a light spot but still can't get it by herself. We've even video taped her so she can see what she's doing but she hasn't gotten it so far.

Great work, amazing how those darn things show up just when you stop waiting for them!:D

Little Bog's kip disappeared again, but hey, the one thing we have learned in gymnastics is patience, skills come and go, injuries come and go and then girls just quit!!!:p

The coach says long hang kips usually only take about 2 weeks or so to get after the glide kip, so hopefully our dds will get visited by the kip fairy again soon :crossingfingers:

Last edited:
Congrats on the kip !!!!! That is such a biggie. I love hearing how great everyone is doing with new skills this summer. :)

Bog- when my dd was a level 4 she had her kips consistently. Then she had a major growth spurt and lost them. It took a few months for her to get them back - but she did. Little bog will get it back - like you said - things come and go in this sport. If they learn nothing else, they learn to be quite resilient.

Congrats on the kip! That's a biggie! We have a family joke that any time one of us is trying to learn something new or get through a milestone, mostly involving some kind of sporting accomplishment, we compare it to "getting her kip". The kip fairy is good; once she works her magic, it's there to stay!

Guess what? The tooth fairy paid her a visit last night, too! There are fairies everywhere!! :D

That is fab - you have reminded me of when mine got hers a few years ago.

I always cry when they get things that they have worked so hard for, actually, .... I always cry when I watch them doing anything! I am the blubbering wreck with the BIG box of tissues at every competition / school play / sports day etc.

Congrats to DD,

Please send the Kip fairy to Lake Owen after July 27.

DD has a list of goals for Lake Owen and included on it are her kip, cast to squat on and jump to high bar, vault over the "real" vault table, handstand "all the way up" on the beam, back walkover on the beam (with all hands and feet on), front and back tucks on the floor. These are goals that my 7yo DD came up with herself. Looks like she is motivated to get her level 5 skills considering she has all the level 4 skills.

Barb

Congrats to your dd on getting her kip, very exciting news to share! :D

What a fantastic summer this is for all of the CB gymmies! :applause:

Guess what? The tooth fairy paid her a visit last night, too! There are fairies everywhere!! :D

LOL! a kip fairy AND a tooth fairy! Your dd must be super excited. Sadly the vacation fairy left me:( Oh well, see her next year. midwest is right, after my girls got their glide kips, about 2-3 weeks they got one on the highbar. Congratz to your dd!

Congrats to DD,

Please send the Kip fairy to Lake Owen after July 27.

DD has a list of goals for Lake Owen and included on it are her kip, cast to squat on and jump to high bar, vault over the "real" vault table, handstand "all the way up" on the beam, back walkover on the beam (with all hands and feet on), front and back tucks on the floor. These are goals that my 7yo DD came up with herself. Looks like she is motivated to get her level 5 skills considering she has all the level 4 skills.

Barb

I hope she gets her kip and the other skills there. DD got her kip except for a 1 fingertip on her back there. My dds coach and some of our older girls will be there so your dd may see them.

Our team will not be hard to miss. On Monday the boys are going to wear matching red tanks, the girls will have red leos with our gym name on the front, and all the parents that are there will have red shirts or tanks that will be dressed up by one of the optional girls.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back