WAG The Level 4/5 Judging Exam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jpow

Coach
How is this? I'm debating on taking it during labor day at GAT since my work is already sending me and they said they'll pay for my testing too. What is the best way to get prepared for it and what should I expect?

There are several different applications you can use to help study. I like these flashcards on quizlet http://quizlet.com/class/659842/, which you can also synch with android/iThing apps.

What you need to know are the order of the major skills and what each major skill is worth, as well as all of the deductions, both general, and for each event. Many questions will combine multiple deductions, asking you something like, "What is the maximum deduction on L4 UB for a back hip circle lacking continuity, with bent arms, and flexed feet?" There will also be questions that ask you to put major skills in the correct order.

Hey I'm taking my 4/5 test at GAT as well.
Anyways, the compulsory book with the routines will have pages of all the deductions possible to take. Unfortunately the test isn't much common sense as it is memorizing deductions. So make sure you know them well. Make sure you also know if the deduction is "exactly or up to." So like on vault if they have arch it is "up to .3" but if they get a spot on the landing it is "exactly .5". You also need to know all the level 4 and 5 routines on each event and the value of each of the skills. Good luck!

Sorry to ask a question on a post but I had a question about the 4/5 exam also. I'm planning on taking it in January and have never judged before. Will passing this exam also allow me to judge Level 1/2/3 meets and do I need to study those routines for the 4/5 exam as well? Just curious since I noticed that there are no exams prior to 4/5. :) Thanks!

Sorry to ask a question on a post but I had a question about the 4/5 exam also. I'm planning on taking it in January and have never judged before. Will passing this exam also allow me to judge Level 1/2/3 meets and do I need to study those routines for the 4/5 exam as well? Just curious since I noticed that there are no exams prior to 4/5. :) Thanks!
Yes it will allow you to judge those levels as well; the test covers nothing about those routines. Just look over those routines before you judge a meet including these.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back