Parents The ranch is officially closed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not quite - I think that the developmental camp is currently taking place there.

Aly mentioned that there were currently gymnasts at the ranch (despite USAG's spin) in her victim impact statement today

Not quite - I think that the developmental camp is currently taking place there.

Aly mentioned that there were currently gymnasts at the ranch (despite USAG's spin) in her victim impact statement today
As I am just learning... But It will be their last training there. Which is good. I just hope they find a new place that is not in a secluded forest in the middle of nowhere. To me their next facility should be in a building FULL of windows! Both metephorically and for real! There should be no doors on anything but the bathrooms! spaces for parents or coaches to watch the girls.. even if it has glass so the gymnasts can't see parents but the parents can see them! NOTHING to HIDE!

Just saw this.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...nue-using-karolyi-ranch-after-all/1047540001/

An excerpt:
But after that statement was released, a USA Gymnastics official informed members of the organization's acrobatic gymnastics program that the World Team Trials still would be conducted at the ranch in early February.

"Please be aware that due to the close proximity and timing, we still plan to host the World Team Trials event at the National Team Training Center in Huntsville, Texas, February 1-4, 2018," according to the email obtained by IndyStar.

I guess they think that because it's acrobatic gymnastics and not artistic gymnastics, and therefore a totally different group of people, that makes it okay. o_O:(:mad:

Just out of curiosity, how long have all your gyms had closed captioning monitored by office staff that parents could also view from the stands? We always had it, so every child and coach were visible at all times.

Just out of curiosity, how long have all your gyms had closed captioning monitored by office staff that parents could also view from the stands? We always had it, so every child and coach were visible at all times.

I assume you mean closed circuit? That is relatively rare in gyms. But shouldn't be.

We have monitors/screens in the parent viewing area that are set up to view various parts of the gym. They were just installed last year.

I assume you mean closed circuit? That is relatively rare in gyms. But shouldn't be.
Yes, what I meant. I always assumed this was normal. There are cameras that cover all areas of the gym, so you can always watch your kid even if you can’t see well because you are visually blocked. Also there is a person in the office, not a coach that can see all the feeds.

We actually do have this, though it is underutilized by parents. It's a split screen on a television, so it makes it hard to see anything up close, but there are 4 areas the cameras cover. They are available in the viewing area (which also has windows, so you can see, anyway) and there is a screen at the office desk as well.

Parents in our gym are still discourage from viewing. There is usually no issue with people staying to watch, but every now and again a kid is distracted by a parent, or a parent is trying to get a kid's attention when they shouldn't be, and the blinds on the windows get closed.

I’m from the uk and as long as I’ve known our gym, which is at least 8years, our gym has had some cameras, not sure if it has always been recorded or if it was just a live feed, but last year the system was hugely updated with many more cameras I think close on 20 cameras were set up which cover all angles of the gym and this is all recorded. The only areas not covered are toilets and changing rooms but the coaches are never meant be to be alone with the gymnasts in those areas and the cameras do cover the entrance to these areas so from footage you would know who and how long people have been in those areas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back