Off Topic The Side Gig thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
A lot of us are (or are about to be) without work or income for awhile. I figure this could be a good place for us to support each other to the extent we can.

I've discussed this with some of the current staff, and they've decided to relax the rules about advertising to allow established members to post in this thread about whatever side gigs we may have to get us through this.

In order to prevent this from turning into a spam thread, ONLY MEMBERS WITH AT LEAST 75 POSTS MAY POST LINKS; however, all members are welcome to participate in discussion.

So if you have AT LEAST 75 POSTS on the ChalkBucket, feel free to post links to your twitch channel, your patreon, your etsy shop, etc in this thread.

I am happy to give lessons via skype/zoom/discord in any of the following:
-Juggling (beginner to advanced. I'm a former pro)
-Clawhammer banjo (beginner to intermediate)
-Starcraft 2 (currently ranked Diamond-3, and I'm happy to coach anybody who is below that level)
-Smash Bros Melee (I'm not ranked, but I can teach basic movement and technique)

Price is as much or as little as you feel like paying (unless I get inundated with requests, which I don't anticipate)

I am also a hobbyist computer programmer (python being my language of choice), so if you have any use for an (admittedly amateur) freelance programmer, I'm also up for that.

EDIT: I just coached my parents through a calisthenics workout session via skype. I plan to offer this service to anybody who wants it eventually (once I've had a bit more time to refine the training plans for non-gymnasts, and talked to a lawyer to make sure my butt is covered if anybody gets injured)

Last edited:
This isn’t a link, and it’s not self-promotion because I have no affiliation, so... for what it’s worth, Amazon says they are urgently looking to hire 100k workers nationwide. For lots of people suddenly without paychecks who don’t have to stay home with young children, that could be a timely opportunity.

I don't have a link, but all the grocery stores here are hiring and the delivery services including prime now and door dash and stuff are extremely overwhelmed, and I bet they could be too.

I know growing the business behemoths even bigger wasn’t exactly what you had in mind when starting this thread - sorry about that. I know it was about supporting small businesses. But I figure if people are employed they are more able to choose to support small businesses, or to keep their own small business afloat, than if they have no income.

Ugh. That sucks. I do closed captioning through rev.com, but it's finicky work and doesn't pay well. It is entirely flexible and from home though.

Ugh. That sucks. I do closed captioning through rev.com, but it's finicky work and doesn't pay well. It is entirely flexible and from home though.
I've done some work with rev and there's another too - but you're right - and it's really time consuming at times for very little pay.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back