The triumphant return to Virtual Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kgymn

Gymnast
Ok so I'm being overly dramatic but back around 2000-2003 or so, I participated in Virtual Gymnastics which is just online gymnastics role playing (generally womens elite, though some places had J.O. too). I used to have a number of gymnasts, run a virtual gym, and I was co-president of the Internet Fantasy Gymnastics Association. Eventually I ran out of time for it (I was in college) and interest waned and as far as I know, the whole game just died. It was a whole lot easier to keep things realistic when there was a cap to start values.

Well in any case I've decided I miss virtual gymnastics, and I've come up with a way to work the new COP into the rules without letting people go overboard with crazy unrealistic routines. So I am re-opening my virtual gym, Vega Twisters.

There's almost nothing there right now but anyone who's interested can check it out.

Vega Twisters Virtual Gymnastics Academy

~Katy

do you have a link to wwgym? I actually hadn't heard of that one before. I'm happy so far the gym has a good mix of old virtual gymn players and new :) But I'll definitely post about it at other forums once I find them! I've been telling everyone LOL even my military girlfriend forum.

~Katy

Oh that`s a great idea! :) I have heard about virtual gymnastics before and also had a look into it once! :)
Feel free to post it on my forum as well. :)

Apparently there's a few gyms left that play using the old system (which uses an antiquated COP) NATIONAL TRAINING CENTER

I personally just can't get back into the old way now that I've finally gotten the hang of how the new COP works. I only wish there were more gyms moving to the new COP so we could have gyms to compete against. I guess after the first few intersquad meets I'll just have to make up gyms for us to compete against until new gyms open or old ones convert to the new COP.

I'll go post on those forums now... I had to wait for my registration to be activated at wwgym, but now it has been :)

~Katy

And Vega Twisters now has both old and new players, I am very excited!

Hehe. :)

I've joined and cannot wait to start working out and everything. :)

It sounds like A LOT of fun.

By the way, I posted a roleplay thread by the name of "Anne Phelps." Tehehe.:p

I'm so excited with how many girls are on the roster now it's so much more than I anticipated it's great!!! I think the majority of players are from here haha :D And few from "Eva"s old virtual gym have gymnasts there, and another person who runs her own virtual gym under an old code. It's such a great mix of people!

~Katy

Oh wow. Blast from the past...I had a gymnast at Topopolily and I think Vega too. Many many years ago....

NO WAY!!! Who were you?? I was Eva Volatil at Topo (she's now assistant coach at Vega) We have 2 old Topo players at Vega already :) Plus a whole lot of new people it's awesome!

~Katy

Good old Virtual gymnastics, glad to see it getting some attention again. Benefits of an Olympic year I bet. Had my foot in there since 2000 and still enjoying it. Hope to see it grow more.

Good old Virtual gymnastics, glad to see it getting some attention again. Benefits of an Olympic year I bet. Had my foot in there since 2000 and still enjoying it. Hope to see it grow more.

so what is/were your characters? Right now I think my gym is the only one using the new code and bringing in new people... at least that I know of.

~Katy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back