The ultimate Leo question...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

Rec Coach

Alright Chalk Bucket Crew....what's the best way to keep bodysuits from riding up!? Our girls have suits that we make ourselves to give a good low-rise fit. But the girls cannot stop picking at their suits. 9/10 times there isn't even any bum showing but for them it feels like a wedgie. however, after tumbling some of the girls do have legitimate wedgies...

So what are the best options...hairspray? Buttglue? The suits are made from stretch velvet. Also, does anyone by chance know where you can get butt glue in western canada!? :) Or where I could order it online?

If you're looking to order some, DGS 9.9 sells it, I'm pretty sure.

Definitely try butt glue. I've always used a regular glue stick - they're cheap and easy to find.

So for the 9/10 times they're picking a non-wedgie: I wonder if they're just not used to the feel of the leotards. Do they work out in shorts? If so, it might be more of a self-conscious thing. You could try not allowing shorts for one practice a week or a few practices prior to a meet.

They make adhesive strips to hold things in place, but some one had posted here on The Chalk Bucket (and I couldn't find the post) that butt adhesive ruined the velvet on her leos.....I do not know if that was the spray or the tape,

Before having the girls use it you might want to test it on some of the same velvet material that the leos are made from just to see if it's OK

You know our girls at the beginning of the season were always pulling at their leotards. Then we realized the reason. They work out in shorts and biking shorts. So a new rule went into place. The week before a meet, no shorts, period. And let me tell you we don't have any problems with the leotards anymore. In fact some, even when they are able to wear shorts, won't wear them anymore. They don't like the feel of it. Through out the summer they will be able to wear shorts again but come the whole month of september, no shorts again to get ready for the season.

Our gym has a similar policy, No shorts on Friday's. Just so they get used to the feeling of the leo.

Other than that my DD uses Hairspray and tuf-skin.

Good luck!

This stuff called Spider Tape is really good, its like double sided sticky tape but its like see-through white stuff, just stick it on the inside of the leo lol! And hairspray always worked well too. :p

This stuff called Spider Tape is really good, its like double sided sticky tape but its like see-through white stuff, just stick it on the inside of the leo lol! And hairspray always worked well too. :p

awww I wish I had that. Do you know a place where I could buy that?:confused:

If you have a velvet leo, I would advise not using the butt-glue. It WILL destroy the bottom of the leo. Happened to me, thankfully I only had two or three meets with it after that. :p

Yeah, you can get sticky buns from DGS. A few girls from my gym have it :)

our girls do not wear shorts over the leo during practice...they DO wear proper leo underpants (gymkins) which seem to solve the wedgie problem. Nobody picks their leo out of their bottom.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back