The Wonderful World of Floor Music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, here's the situation: I'm currently at level 6, but I'm moving up to novice optional the first weekend of March. That means I get to pick out my own music and routines (FINALLY!). My problem is that I can't seem to find any music that REALLY suits me. I've been to Floor Express.com, but you can't her any previews or anything, and I'm not spending a buck on a 30 second clip.

Do you have any suggestions on music I could use? I'm really into all the popular Disney-ish music, like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I want something really upbeat and happy that I can have a super energy-filled routine with.

Thank you bunches, I appreciate it! :D

-xoxo
Kayleigh

(PS. Karaoke tracks with no or little vocals work, as I can edit and cut the music the way I need it)

Try searching for it on limewire...
eg. karaoke, gymnastics floor music, disney karaoke...
That's what we did for our floor music this year. Good luck

Go to yahoo and search for "vloermuziek op nummer" (sorry I am new here and cannot give you the direct link)

This site has tons of music on it and several varieties. You will at least be able to broaden your taste by listening to a broad range of genre.

I like energym music, but if you like HSM, floor express has bop to the top. It's pretty much exactly like the real song, but a little more repetitive. On energym, you can listen to all the demos for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
floor music

That's a tough one. It's too bad most of the floor music companies don't let you preview the music without having to buy the demos first. Energym will let you listen free, and for that reason, I like that company the best. Go to their website and listen to their selections. Or, if you like High School Musical, then perhaps you would like Bop to the Top, which is new this year, I believe from Floor Express. The theme song from the movie "Stick It" will be released this spring from Floor Express, but I'm not sure when. I think it's called We Run This, and if I remember correctly, it's sort of hip hop, and very energetic. But, you are probably wanting something now.
If Geoffrey Taucer responds back with some suggestions, take them seriously- he knows his music!. My daughter was in this dilemma a few months ago, and we listened to his ideas even though they didn't really sound like her. Or what we thought was her! They were all great selections. She ended up picking one of them that we never in a million years would have thought had worked for her. As it turned out, it's the best floor music she's ever had. It's beautiful, the judges seem to love it, she flows with it, and best of all, it fits her style. Good luck- I know, it's a hard decision!

If Geoffrey Taucer responds back with some suggestions, take them seriously- he knows his music!. My daughter was in this dilemma a few months ago, and we listened to his ideas even though they didn't really sound like her. Or what we thought was her! They were all great selections. She ended up picking one of them that we never in a million years would have thought had worked for her. As it turned out, it's the best floor music she's ever had. It's beautiful, the judges seem to love it, she flows with it, and best of all, it fits her style. Good luck- I know, it's a hard decision!

Haha, really? What song is she using?

Anyway, in addition to what's already been posted, you might try the following:

For upbeat, instrumental rock, two really great tracks are "I'm Alright" and "Fargo," both by Neil Zaza. I don't know of any place where you can legally get either one for free, but you can buy the full tracks cheap on itunes. (If you get "I'm Alright," I reccomend the live version; it's a bit faster and much more energetic than the studio version). You can also probably find both tracks on your filesharing service of choice (I don't condone this, however, especially with independant artists like Zaza).

http://www.ocremix.org has remixes of videogame music. If you know where to look, this site has some excellent tracks for routines, and the best part is that they're all free. They don't have all that much in the way of the sort of Disneypop-ish stuff that it sounds like you're looking for, but if you want something energetic, I reccomend you check out these tracks:
Duck and Cover
Twin Blood
Willed Assault and Skyline (if you want super over-the-top energetic)

If you want something upbeat that a lot of people will recognize, you might try the Smash Brothers soundtrack (disc 1, disc 2, disc 3). You'll probably have to do a fair amount of editing (depending on which track you choose), but there is some really good stuff on there.

http://www.musical-designs.com has good edits of a number of popular routine tracks. I believe you can listen to demos there without paying anything.

And, of course, I have to mention my own site, www.geoffreytaucer.com. I can custom-compose music to suit your needs if you can give me a good description of what you want. This probably isn't your best option if you want cheap and fast; I'm a bit more expensive than most other places out there, and I can't make any solid guarantees as far as when they'll be finished (but I will give you a refund if I don't finish your track in time for you to use it), but if you want a guarantee that nobody else will be using the same music as you, I'm the only option I know of that can offer that.

Last edited:
You can download HSM karoke versions from limewire, I'm sure you can!

Or you could cut parts of songs you like. I've got Destination Calabria, my big cousin just cut out the vocals and put them all together (no idea of the proper vocab lol).

Good luck!

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'll probably need the music by January 11th or 12th. I'm definately going to check out all of your suggestions. Thanks a ton! :D

Looking for Black Cat White Cat

Hello! I am looking for Black Cat White Cat floor music. Does anyone have any idea how I can find it?:eek:

^Perhaps on Ram's floor music site? Google it?

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know I finally decided on music. I'm using "Nicest Kids In Town" from the musical Hairspray. I love it, it'll be perfect. Can't wait to post video of it! :D

^Perhaps on Ram's floor music site? Google it?

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know I finally decided on music. I'm using "Nicest Kids In Town" from the musical Hairspray. I love it, it'll be perfect. Can't wait to post video of it! :D

Ooooh you're so lucky!!! I was looking EVERYWHERE for a instrumental of that!!! That movie just rocks. :p

" cos you can't stop the motion of the ocean or the sun in the sky you can try if you wanna but i'll never ask why and if you try to shoot me down im gonna spit in your eye and say

YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT!!!!" :D

It took me and my mom a LOOOONG time to find it, we enventually gave up and spent the three bucks to get it. Better than the 50 or so we were gonna spend using Floor Express! Plus, I like this much better. :D

So, here's the situation: I'm currently at level 6, but I'm moving up to novice optional the first weekend of March. That means I get to pick out my own music and routines (FINALLY!). My problem is that I can't seem to find any music that REALLY suits me. I've been to Floor Express.com, but you can't her any previews or anything, and I'm not spending a buck on a 30 second clip.

Do you have any suggestions on music I could use? I'm really into all the popular Disney-ish music, like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I want something really upbeat and happy that I can have a super energy-filled routine with.

Thank you bunches, I appreciate it! :D

-xoxo
Kayleigh

(PS. Karaoke tracks with no or little vocals work, as I can edit and cut the music the way I need it)
omg i have the same problems and i love high school muscal and hannah montana if you find and anserw please tell me!! thanx

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back