WAG things to do at a gymnastics sleepover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

l&h1234

Coach
Proud Parent
hey guys! My 11 year old DD is having her team over for a sleepover and we are trying to think of fun things to do! any ideas?

Scavenger hunt!

Rent a projector and project a movie onto the gym wall somewhere...

Obstical course/relay race

*I'dmake it a rule that "gymnastics truth or dare" is not allowed

Make the chaperones do gymnastics, specially if its parents :)

Make lip gloss, shower gel, soap with scent and decorations, see Pinterest for recipies.

Obstacles course in the yard

Scavenger hunt, possibly ask a few friendly neighbors if they would allow the girls to come and ask for things, only one item per team per neighbor, pre approved list of neighbors during designated time frame only. ( Our neighbors would participate) , use Pinterest for list.

Try Chineese jump rope, I did it as a kid, my girls think it's fun, see you tube for routines

Yoga pose challenge, print pictures of hard yoga poses, let them impress you

Top your own pizza

Candy bar brownies, small pans, groups of two or three add their own combination of chopped up candy bars to brownie mixes.

Small group simple floor/ dance routines

Gymnastics movie marathon.

Snack making project - trail mix / bars

Handstand contest in the yard

Relay races

Grip bag project (get inexpensive leotards or swimsuits from a secondhand store or eBay if nobody has old ones that they are willing to part with). We actually used a "ruined" AXS leotard to make 2 and could have gotten another one if the stain had been higher or lower than it was.

Twister tournament. Need 1 mat for every 2-4 gymnasts depending on how challenging you want it to be. All games start at the same time. Winners move to the next round until you have an ultimate winner.

Just dance, mani & pedis, swim if you have a pool, putting makeup on each other blind folded, making own pizza, baking cookies, google search "minute to win it games", my favourite as you can have so many games with little to no cost.
Have fun

I second making slime. That's a team favorite with my 10-11 year olds. Any type of craft project is usually a hit with that age group. Michael's has plain wooden picture frames for $1. Get supplies for the girls to decorate them with and take a group picture during the sleepover to put in it.
We just did a scavenger hunt with our team girls and it was a big hit. It had trivia questions, skill challenges, and some silly things each worth a point value. Team with the most points won. If it's a smaller group they could just do it all together and challenge themselves to complete them all in a certain amount of time.
Decorating cookies/brownies/cupcakes or make your own ice cream sundae.
Hair, nails, making hair accessories- I've seen one that's just a hair elastic with pieces of ribbon tied in knots all the way around it. They're cute and easy enough for non-crafty kids to handle.
Dance party. Or challenge the girls to come up with a group dance to show off.
Have a few quieter activities for later in the evening when you are trying to get them to settle down. A movie or maybe a recording of an older gym meet, card games, coloring- you can print out leotard templates and have the girls design their own.

20170722_211629.jpg

DD and her best made these today. We got the stuff at Michael's. Less than 20.00

If you have a yard, playing badminton or croquet can be so fun. Watching super athletic kids awkwardly swatting the air is so funny and most kids (in my area as least) have never played so they are all beginners.

For inside - I second the spa idea. My dd made bath bombs and soap and it was a huge hit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back